Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-70 Sniff Out Civil War Relics From " Hunted out Site" Again

Reconmarine63

I had permission to hunt very large plantation that dated back to Civil War. The owner has let many people over the past years to hunt, and stated most people he allows hunting, never come back after hunting, since thy never find anything!! I took him up for the challenge today and did pretty good with lots dropped bullets, and an "Killer Brass" target with sound like Belt buckle , but turned out be Civil War Period "Powder Flask". So far the X-70 with 10.5DD 7.5freq. is my coil of choice for relic hunting, it goes deep in most ground about 12 inches deep, stable and ground coverage is excellent and hot on brass items. I would love see Min lab make 10.5DD 3Freq. coil, man it would go deep. I wonder where I will be hunting next weekend??? Just remember many old" Hunted Out" spots with new detectors can reopen many old site!!

Great Finds!!! I have done the same thing around my part of the country. The X70 is a DEEP MACHINE:clapping: Have you tried the 3khz coil? I think the 10.5 DD 7.5 is hard to beat. What TID numbers do you get on the deep 3 ringers? I hunt in all metal,2 tones and I get high 40's that bounce down to -6 low tones. If that happens and the depth arrows are showing 4 arrows, I DIG IT!!!!

I have an 9 inch 3Freq. coil which great in Iron trash sites. Most time I run my Sen.at least #27 sometime at # 28 with little false when using the 10.5DD 7.5 Freq. and can run sen. hight then all other Coils etc.. The 10.5DD goes little deeper due larger size then other X-70 coils. Most bullets lock hard on bullets between 38-41 depending on there Cal. or size

All are excellent finds, but I am very impressed with the powder flask. With the site being hit hard over the years, it's hard to imagine why someone hadn't found it before. I guess that can be attributed to the power of the X-Terra in the hands of someone who knows how to use it. Congratulations! Good stuff!!!! HH Randy

Rady The Powder Flask Was found deep in Sandy plowed Field.. I dinot measure how deep it was, but In not flat but slight on edge at 12 inches or more. The 10.5DD is killer in depth in plowed Fields and so far my most used coil!!

Question, regarding coil that came with my x-70, after reading all the forums, my coil isn't the one I should be using, it is the 9" concentric, should I be changing coils to get better results, kind of confussed. Would some one let me know, thank you oh by the way it is the 7.5 khz

Since I Relic Hunt and most items that I deal with is Lots of nail, and most items are very deep. The 9 inch 3KHZ is great with ton's of nails goes little deeper. The 10.5DD 7.5 is my best coil I used 90% of time great ground coverage, great depth and handles all types soil etc. If I would hunt playgrounds and area with lots modern trash , foil, pull tabs etc, the standard 9 inch coil 7.5 should be fine.

[quote dktucson]Question, regarding coil that came with my x-70, after reading all the forums, my coil isn't the one I should be using, it is the 9" concentric, should I be changing coils to get better results, kind of confussed. Would some one let me know, thank you oh by the way it is the 7.5 khz[/quote]

The standard coil is a very good coil. Good all around for parks, coins, and even on the beach. What type of hunting do you do? I tend to hunt a bit of everywhere, and for whatever I can find. Let us know how you are using your machine and it would help, Beale.