Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-70 Does it Again!!!!!

Reconmarine63

This past weekend was an hunt called " DIGGING IN VA" is pure relic hunt which people pay fee to hunt for 3 days in State of Va. The Area that are pick are prime Relic Site that are always "off limits to hunter. The weather the first day was driving rain many other brands detectors drop dead but my X-70 with 10.5 dd hunted all day , and not affected by rain. Her photo with nice U.S. Belt Buckle found at over 15 inches deep!!

Just kiddin', that's got to be one heck of a thrill! And I have to say it looks like you dug one heck of a wide hole to make sure you didn't damage her during the rescue. Just out of curiosity do you recall the ID numbers before you started digging and/or how much they changed as you went deeper?

Congrat's on a terrific find!:super:

HH
BarnacleBill

Congrats on the belt plate, how about a close-up of it, cleaned up? I read about that hunt in W+E Treasures, sounds like fun but it's sure a lot of digging and it looks like you moved a lot of dirt for your find. Good to see the 70 came through in wet conditions, too. You got a nice piece of history. Ron

Thanks, that's pretty awesome! If she gets cleaned up at some point, more pix would be great.:thumbup:

HH
BarnacleBill

Very nice indeed. What condition is the buckle in? Congratz!
cheers!

Nice Plate. Finding that, and holding it in your hands, must have been quite a thrill. It sure makes one wonder about the circumstances that it became lost. Was the soldier wearing it killed at that site? Did it get left behind when camp had to be evacuated in a hurry? Regardless, I'm glad you are able to preserve such a great piece of American History. HH Randy