Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-70 Battery Life ?

Danno

Guys, a bit of a poll here.

Roughly how long are you getting from a fresh set of batteries ?

ie: Using;

Alkaline

Rechargeable

With HeadPhones

Without HeadPhones

I'd guess +/- 40 hours per set. But I always use headphones and always use good quality alkalines. I've never seen any documentation on it, but I have to think that batteries wouldn't last as long in sites where you detect a lot of targets. Seems to me that since the detector is always sending electromagnetic lines of flux into the ground, regardless of whether there is any target present or not, it would take a bit more "juice" to receive a target signal, process it and provide an audio report (or null the Threshold) to the user, compared to just sending signals into the ground, with no target response. :nerd::shrug: I'd also wonder if larger coils might not use more "juice" than smaller coils, due to the larger volume of soil that they are continually analyzing? The amount may not be measurable. But I have to think there is a difference. JMHO HH Randy

Thanks Randy.

Just trying to get a feel for what I should be expecting from a weekend away detecting. 2 full days.

So, 2 fresh sets of NiMh should easilly see me through a weekend (using headphones) I imagine. I use the higher rated mAh batts where I can too.

Cheers,

Danno

All I ever used was a good set of Alkaline Batteries also. Always hunted with headphones. My run time was very similar to Digger's.

I also do not use headphones much, depending on the amount of trash I seem to get around 15-18 hours on a set of NiMH at 2300 ma. I'm happy with that, LOL. HH, Mike

I should be set to go hunting for a week then! :)

Interesting to hear some of you don't use headphones. I don't particulally like them either. I like to hear who/what is coming up behind me. Especially in some areas/neighbourhoods.

Danno

Danno said:
I should be set to go hunting for a week then! :)

Interesting to hear some of you don't use headphones. I don't particulally like them either. I like to hear who/what is coming up behind me. Especially in some areas/neighbourhoods.

Danno

You could look into a set of Rattler headphones? One ear covered one ear open. Might work for you, Beale.

Thanks Beale,

Ah, like a Telephonist, Call Centre style headset.?

Where can one find these ?

Cheers,

Danno

DetectorPro makes one called the Rattler. And most dealers carry the DetectorPro lineup. Here is part of their ad.....

RattlerTM
The NEW Rattler headphone is designed to allow hearing outside noises in one ear thus warning you to dangerous reptiles, snakes and even someone sneaking up behind you. In your other ear, you will get the performance of our famous Gray Ghost line of headphones. Built to satisfy the needs of demanding professional electronic prospectors and gold nugget hunters who frequent areas of dangerous reptiles. We feel your safety in the field is crucial and we're sure you'll never want to use anything but the Rattler!

HH Randy

Thanks for the tip on the Rattler. Sounds good. I'll have a look.

Cheers

Danno :)