Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-50 ties my oldest coin find to date...well actually..

snh

Since this one actually has a date it IS my oldest. A 1697 William and Mary half pence.This is the regal Irish variety.
Plus it was next to a huge chunk of iron.
i had just finished ofr the day and was happy as I had found 2 coronet large cents but they were so cruddy no dates could be seen...just the head outline. One of the coronets was deep about 9"...the other was only about 6". Even so the 9" hit decent and was an obvious decent target although the ID bounces at that depth on any machine.
But as I was walking back i was sweeping around a stand of trees that i dug the 1823 bust dime around and i got a huge iron hit with a nice hi tone on the edge.
At first i said ahhh...probably a rusty piece of plow or stove part...but when I cross swept the hi tone held solid in one position.
Pinpointing at first just sounded like one huge target but i detuned the pinpoint and checked again and there were two targets about 3 inches apart.
So I dug the coin target and from 5 inches down out popped this William And Mary. When I checked the iron target it was a huge piece of iron just a couple inches away from the coin. I did not dig it as there was no need but it pinpointed about the size of a soda can.
So...yes the X's can hunt in iron...just don't see what the problem is with people saying it sucks....although if you hunt in a disc pattern I guess I can see that.

And I couldn't agree more on the ability to pick through iron, too. My theory is many people who've given up and sold their X-Terra never invested the time to learn it properly. Pity for them because they'll never know the true capabilities of the detector they once owned.