Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WW 2 relics yesterday...Civil war relics today.

Dan(NM)

I was able to hit a site that was occupied from 1851 thru 1862 today and managed to rescue some stuff. Not quite sure what a few items are, but, it sure was fun digging it :) I had to wade though a ton of aluminum, but, it paid off.

My settings were:

Park 1

11" coil

Recovery 4

GB 0

Sens 23

2 tones

Tone break set at -9 thru +10

Awesome finds. Wasn't aware there was civil war troops in New Mexico. Keep it going.

jimmyk in Missouri

What a haul Dan!! I wonder if some of your shell casings in the poo pile aren't some old 45-70 cartridges, the are black powder {no separate primer} and won't be necked down for the bullet.
Congrats on the belt plate:cheers:
Jeff

laplander said:
What a haul Dan!! I wonder if some of your shell casings in the poo pile aren't some old 45-70 cartridges, the are black powder {no separate primer} and won't be necked down for the bullet.
Congrats on the belt plate:cheers:
Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Thank you. The casings are blanks, they used to do reenactments here years ago and they are scattered everywhere :(

jimmyk said:
Awesome finds. Wasn't aware there was civil war troops in New Mexico. Keep it going.

jimmyk in Missouri

Thanks, there wasn't much, but luckily there was a fort 90 miles from where I live that my buddy got permission to hunt.

You're blessed having a buddy willing to let you tag along!---I'm jealous, can't yah tell!:biggrin:-----I like it when you list your settings like you do.----Neat finds Dan--keep on keep'n on.----------Del
Dan(NM) said:
jimmyk said:

jimmyk in Missouri

Thanks, there wasn't much, but luckily there was a fort 90 miles from where I live that my buddy got permission to hunt.

D&P-OR said:
You're blessed having a buddy willing to let you tag along!---I'm jealous, can't yah tell!:biggrin:-----I like it when you list your settings like you do.----Neat finds Dan--keep on keep'n on.----------Del
Dan(NM) said:
jimmyk said:

jimmyk in Missouri

Thanks Del......he's not to happy about what I've been harvesting from his permission lol. but, he did invite me ;)

Awesome haul there...What,you got fields down there dedicated to different wars? LoL... those are some very cool finds. and well earned judging by the scrap pile.... congrats..