Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wrong Machine For The Job....

stillhuntin

Yesterday at the beach we had one of the best hunting tides of the year,super negative at the time everyone was going home from the long weekend, leaving all there gold behind,with the tide out so far i was abble to reach some prime hunting grounds a deep trough around chest deep,only reachable a few times of the year, all you water hunters now in the deeper water it gets a lot harder to dig with the surf and all the boats passing by,i dug and dug and dug,my wife waded out and said do you work like that every time you come to the beach,she said what have you found,you have been digging for three hours now,digging at the time she said that i stopped and showed her a bag of iron and one gold earring, i dug way to many unwanted targets with only a short window of time, i know people say they like to dig everthing it increases the odds,but i waisted the good tide on digging alot of trash,dont get me wrong i like the PI,it is very affective in shallow water and wet sand where you can get to the target fast and move onto the next,the night before i dug a nice ring up in the wet sand,anyhow i went home and ordered a new Excal 2, i knew a few weeks ago this day was coming and was going to order it then,kinda like buying a stock and never going thru with it and then watching it skyrocket, it would have paid for itself had i had it,there were thousands of people in the water this weeked and every where you looked people were wearing gold and loosing it left and right,we got a few more good tides coming up and the gold is still there,i will return with the Excal and work smarter not harder.

You are gonna love that Excalibur II.
Where did you order it from?

Sorry not to get back sooner,but i been out all night cleaning up the beach again with my Surf PI Dual Coil,only dug about hundred holes tonight,no gold,one penny two quaters and a publix bag full of iron and trash.I sure will be clad when Kellyco sends my Excal 2,on a good note i have not had to go to the gym for the last few days.

I don't dig lots of iron with my PI... I don't dig lots of bobbiepins either... I run the DF and before that the PI PRO... for me I knew when I was over iron... I have never dug a hundred holes and found the amount of trash you are finding... I will tell you that I know when my detector is over iron or bobbiepins and wire or nails and I choose not to dig them... if you are running a Whites PI you can tell when you are over iron... I hunt deep water troughs and don't find all this iron but I do find gold and a lot of it... I have run the Excal and sure its a great discriminating detector but you will give up the deep old gold with it.. someday I will own another Excal but not for water hunting... it will be my wet/dry sand machine... its great there... listen to your detector to what it is saying there are subtle differences in the tone that will help tell you what you are over... :)

How long did it take you to hear the differant tones,how many items do you pass over before you dig,i get worried after awhile of hearing the same tones that i am leaving good stuff behind,i tell myself all the time that your digging iron,i got to realize that the gold is not falling out of the sky,i due find lots of gold and silver, just got a little discuraged the other day getting knocked around in the deep water while trying to dig that good tide,knowing in my mind i was digging trash,need to learn to move on and just wait for that sweet tone i know it makes.Thanks for your advice i will take it to the beach with me next time.

You should be listening for the deep quiet whispers some of the deepest whispers are actually like a break in the threshold... most likely they are not iron targets... I listen for narrow targets... at least in the waters around here there is not much junk in the water unless its fishing weights and such...

Iron generally is a long drawn out tone and I never dig them... I'm not worried about missing gold either...