Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wow,some over on Facebook are paranoid:wacko:.......

warthog

I posted over there about buying these boxes of chocolate covered cherries and blueberries,and a couple acquaintances have gone overboard,proclaiming loudly I am the "typical newly diagnosed diabetic", buying all this junk and eating uncontrollably....I buy these items to enjoy,yes.But: I also buy these items RARELY,to share with my loved ones,and to have something I have never had (the blueberry ones.).........I have had a grand total of one today,one of each yesterday,my B. S. was 117 this morning..Also,my sister sent me a tin of homemade cookies that will not be opened until Christmas Day,to be shared by all........To date,The only time I crave anything not good for me is if I go for a long time without eating.........I also had one small piece of my sister's home made peanut brittle,when not too long ago would have been eaten practically as a meal.They make it sound like I am lurking in the shadows,sneaking every little thing to snack on.....I have bought Jason and Marcia different kinds of small packages of candy,Peeps,etc.,as stocking stuffers,because they don't have diabetes.........I guess these others are just concerned,but.......God has brought me through every last one of my Dr. visits with flying colors,and when you are told that others have had major health related issues with numbers lower than you had,things change,suddenly 10 or more pieces of bread a day,or containers full of spice drops and a glass of milk on the side, do not look so appetizing,any more.......:confused::shrug:.........

Don't worry or pay attention to what others say, as long as God knows and you are using godly wisdom to keep yourself losing weight and your blood sugar in control! If you don't have a few sweets once in awhile, you would crave sweets and then go on a binge by eating way too many at one time....so just obey God and take care of yourself with control of the flesh in all things and you will do just fine! 'Tis Christmas season with lots of candy, cookies and such, but none of us need to eat too many or too often.....self-control in the name of Jesus and with His help is what our Christian living is about! When you need help in controlling the flesh....just call out to Jesus and say, Help me, Jesus, please! Amen! :angel: Ma