Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WOW!!! Now here is a dandy!…..

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
Actually several dandies. I went with some friends down to VA a couple weeks ago in search of CW relics. First day we hunted an old stand by place that has always produced. Well it did again. My best find there was a beautiful Eagle Breast Plate! It sure was exciting pulling it from the ground. While digging it up, I first noticed the flat white lead and the curve to the outside of the plate. When I had enough dirt off to see it was a circle shape I knew what it had to be. As I puled it from the ground I seen that sweet eagle looking back at me! Yeeee Haaaa!!! While there I also got a nice NY cuff button, and some bullets including a what I believe is a Richmond arsenal high base wormed out two ringer. Also one half of a sash buckle. The next 3 days was spent on a different site with more friends and the worse mineralized ground on the planet. I did manage a large cent, a smashed bullet, several buttons including early colonial, a sword scabbard tip, and several misc… relics. The one flat button that has a London back mark still has some type of thread on the loop. Sure was fun to go southeast and dig CW relics again. Cant wait to do it again.
[attachment 339033 IMG_0489.JPG] [attachment 339034 IMG_0495.JPG]
[attachment 339035 IMG_0494.JPG] [attachment 339036 IMG_0491.JPG]
[attachment 339037 IMG_0496.JPG]

Wow! Really nice finds MIke. Congrats! Glad you could get down to VA to dig. I've been down there several time but it was always to build decks, etc.for others. Never did have the time to dig but I sure would have liked to. Even found a few fields that looked promising and held a little history but the time never came up to do it.

It sure is ! And that wormed bullet is rare. I have dug a ton of bullets but never a wormed one. WTG, Steve in so la

That is a very nice plate. I'm still looking for my first one. You have a bunch of really nice finds there. One day I would like to hint Virginia.

You should join us next time.

I have one or two other wormed out bullets, but they are regular 3 ringers.

Outstanding find Mike! I hope you guys have a very, merry Christmas!