Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wow Big bucket lister silver today and unbelievable 1917 SLQ!

Mark kus

We my friend Joe and I started off at the old hotel and I hit a 1944 mercury and a old dog tag and some clad so we were driving and Joe said let’s stop here a this old school
So I agreed and we were there only 10 minutes and had a 35- 39 in field two wow it was an unbelievable screaming high tone so I cut a nice plug and at the bottom of the hole
I saw the eagle on back I could not believe it my first Barber half1903 O!!!
I called joe over he was stunned!
Then we headed towards the front field and I dug a 31 signal a nice but worn SLQ then I dug some clad and a few wheats then back up where I hit the SLQ and I had another 31-32
Deep broken signal so I made sure to cut a accurate plug and there in the middle was an unbelievable condition 1917 SLQ I have never seen a more crisp old SLQ. Come out of the ground!
So it was getting late 8:30 we packed it in just a spectacular afternoon we will be going back I doubt this spots been hit so hopefully more great finds from this spot !
HH
Mark

Thanks Everyone Great spot just amazed me how in 1/2 hour These 3 coins came from one spot! The barber half was my first signal!
that's been one on my list to find now the seated half!

Ted S said:
Wow! You are really pulling them out this year!
I'm out as much as I can when it's not too hot but the Nox is a machine to be reckoned with!
Its goes very deep and all of these finds were 7+" down..
HH
Mark

Mkus. Might I ask what your basic settings are? I'm running a 600 so some of the fine tuning isn't available if you're running a 800.

I'm absolutely fascinated by the year you're having. I'm up to 16 silvers for the year which is more than I ever got with my Fishers.

Just curious how close or far we are from each others go-to programs.

Trailduster said:
Mkus. Might I ask what your basic settings are? I'm running a 600 so some of the fine tuning isn't available if you're running a 800.

I'm absolutely fascinated by the year you're having. I'm up to 16 silvers for the year which is more than I ever got with my Fishers.

Just curious how close or far we are from each others go-to programs.
Hi I can try to help you out I usually run a setting say park 2 no discrimination I never GB and lately I’ve been using the field 2 program and then I switch back and fourth see how a good signal responds with each setting I almost always use 5 tones recovery speed lately 6-7 I will go very low on that and slow my swing down ..
I have a Equinox 800 I can tell you this I sold my Deus because the equinox hands down is a better beach machine and I found myself just going to the nox more so I bought a 6” coil with the cash and saved some cash.
I have well over 100 silvers this year 4 silver half one 2 Reale 3 gold rings and lost track of my clad count ...
I stick to what works detecting to me is not rocket science I’ve never read any books by anyone never really felt the need
I watch videos but I’m a hands on person so time in the field spent detecting has been my key to better detecting and go slow
Don’t be afraid to dig the iffy signals let your shovel be the discriminator lol..
GL
Mark

bootyhoundpa said:
Amazing.. love the SLQ.
Thanks bootyhound when I saw it in the plug I knew it had good details I thought it would be a 1927 not a 1917
It’s the nicest SLQ I’ve dug to date.cant wait to go back Wednesday night!

Dan(NM) said:
Excellent saves Mkus, you are tearing it up with the Nox, congrats!!
Thanks Dan your doing well to...

Mkus said:
I stick to what works detecting to me is not rocket science I’ve never read any books by anyone never really felt the need
I watch videos but I’m a hands on person so time in the field spent detecting has been my key to better detecting and go slow
Don’t be afraid to dig the iffy signals let your shovel be the discriminator lol..

NICE FINDS! They make me smile! :yikes:

I totally agree with your comments Mark. Well........…..I would have to make ONE exception...… I am partial to the X-TERRA eBook, Understanding Your X-TERRA, :shrug::detecting:

On a serious note.....I've had the good fortune of being involved in the development and Field Testing of a number of metal detectors over the years. And let me tell you, working with the Engineers at Minelab has not only been educational, it has been a true pleasure. I may have started working on project years before the finished product was ready to become commercially available. Needless to say, there weren't any books or videos to rely on for information. I couldn't even ask a buddy because no one would know what I was talking about. Besides that, my Non-Disclosure Agreement restricted me from talking to anyone about it! Learning any machine, particularly one that introduces new technology, is all "hands on". With a prototype in hand, I would spend hundreds and hundreds of hours trying every possible combination of settings, just to learn how it reacted to various soils and targets. It isn't glamorous work. But when I read posts, see pictures and watch videos of the things you folks have uncovered, it makes it all worth while!
No matter whether you have a new detector or just got a new coil for your detector, I promise you this..... if you are paying attention to what you are doing, the more you use it, the more you will learn about setting it properly for your soil and target choices. The better you understand each of the settings, the more "good stuff" you will find. And.....the more good stuff you find, the more you will use it. It is as simple as "lather, rinse, repeat". Practice may not make perfect, but perfect practice will sure make you better at what you do!

HH Randy

Nice catch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digger said:
Mkus said:

NICE FINDS! They make me smile! :yikes:

I totally agree with your comments Mark. Well........…..I would have to make ONE exception...… I am partial to the X-TERRA eBook, Understanding Your X-TERRA, :shrug::detecting:

On a serious note.....I've had the good fortune of being involved in the development and Field Testing of a number of metal detectors over the years. And let me tell you, working with the Engineers at Minelab has not only been educational, it has been a true pleasure. I may have started working on project years before the finished product was ready to become commercially available. Needless to say, there weren't any books or videos to rely on for information. I couldn't even ask a buddy because no one would know what I was talking about. Besides that, my Non-Disclosure Agreement restricted me from talking to anyone about it! Learning any machine, particularly one that introduces new technology, is all "hands on". With a prototype in hand, I would spend hundreds and hundreds of hours trying every possible combination of settings, just to learn how it reacted to various soils and targets. It isn't glamorous work. But when I read posts, see pictures and watch videos of the things you folks have uncovered, it makes it all worth while!
No matter whether you have a new detector or just got a new coil for your detector, I promise you this..... if you are paying attention to what you are doing, the more you use it, the more you will learn about setting it properly for your soil and target choices. The better you understand each of the settings, the more "good stuff" you will find. And.....the more good stuff you find, the more you will use it. It is as simple as "lather, rinse, repeat". Practice may not make perfect, but perfect practice will sure make you better at what you do!

HH Randy

Thanks Randy I’m relatively new back at detecting my father been at it over 40 years!
I totally agree time in the field on the beach yards makes you a better detectorist ..
I can’t get enough when I hit a signal I’ll try different settings on the signal turn recovery speed up down iron bias up down
Park 1 2 field 12 I just switch things up it works ..
HH Mark

Mkus,

That's awesome. For whatever reason, I'm still looking for my first Barber Half. Have lots of Walkers, some Franklins and even a silver Kennedy, by no Barber. Go figure.

As for the Standing Liberty Quarters - I just have to say wow. Coming across 2 on the same hunt is like . . . . Wow. :yikes: and then throw in the Barber Half and I begin looking for the epic word. At least in regards to coin hunting.

I'd be back at that school going over the place from every direction.

Thanks for the post. :thumbup:

Rich -

Rich (Utah) said:
Mkus,

That's awesome. For whatever reason, I'm still looking for my first Barber Half. Have lots of Walkers, some Franklins and even a silver Kennedy, by no Barber. Go figure.

As for the Standing Liberty Quarters - I just have to say wow. Coming across 2 on the same hunt is like . . . . Wow. :yikes: and then throw in the Barber Half and I begin looking for the epic word. At least in regards to coin hunting.

I'd be back at that school going over the place from every direction.

Thanks for the post. :thumbup:

Rich -
Thanks Rich, I dug a lot of half’s walkers Franklins and was so happy to see my first barber! Then the two quarters all in about a half hour! I will be going back you can bet on that.