Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WOW!!!-a BIG storm heading East..........:surrender::(

warthog

Here in Montague, we are within spittin distance of Lake Michigan where we live. From our upstairs doorwall, we can see the sun shining on the water, a really nice day here,in spite of being about 15 degrees.....50 to 100 miles South, it's not so nice: Chicago got 12+ inches of snow, and that whole mess is going to meet up with a Nor'Easter, triggering two feet+ of snow, very high winds, and nasty drifting...Prayers for the East Coast, please: Many school districts yesterday already cancelled school for tomorrow.:thumbdown::(..................

Yea Steve, not looking forward to it. The temp is dropping. Supposed to go down to -2 tomorrow night...that's rare here in Pa.

Yep, I am in Connecticut and currently 17 degrees and 12 mph winds. A few inches dropped already but the biggest part is yet to come. Winds suppose to pick up 30-40mph. Snowfall will be anywhere from 5 - 10". They are talking -9 degrees Friday into Saturday. Very rare here in CT. I guess I will have to wait and see. - Jim

Snowfall is finished and hard to tell the amount with the wind blowing...I'd say a good 7 inches, that's whats piled on the birdbath, anyway.

My day was made about 6am this morning. I heard a back up beeper from a truck. Being up already and the dog woofing, I looked out the front window and saw my neighbor backing up my 100 foot driveway. Before I could get my coat and shoes on he was done. I ran out and caught him, shook hands and said "Joe you know how much work you saved me? let me buy you lunch and handed him a twenty.

He put his hands up and said "no man, it only took me 30 seconds". I tried again but he wouldn't take it. Thanked him again and went back into the house...YES!! driveway cleaned!! Made my day. Just have to clear the parking area.
Joe just bought the house from his parents, they moved to Florida. Good Guy.

What a great neighbor you have Steve O!!! Bet you he is also the first one to offer up his tools or time when you need them. Stay warm everyone!!

Here where I live we only had about 1 inch of sleet and snow (more or less) but I believe from the looks of things, we will probably get plenty more and also being hit with the real cold weather by weekend or Monday....Ma is staying indoors for sure! Prayers for those in danger of terribly cold, freezing weather and lots of snow! May God keep them and us safe! Amen! :angel: Ma

Yes, good neighbors are so nice to have and mine cleared the ice and snow from my walks, driveway and front concrete porch as much as he could and put salt on, as I had gas man going in and out...packing the snow down into ice and wasn't easy to move, but Glenn did the best he could and I didn't even have to ask him, as he is good about taking care of me by just doing it! Praise the Lord for good neighbors and helpers! Amen! :angel: Ma

Later, as I looked out the window,Joe drove by to go home and I saw him lean forward and look towards my parking area to see if it was clear, it was. I'll bet if I didn't shovel it... he would have backed up and give it a go.
These little things sure mean a lot....they fill the heart, so to speak.

Well the storm came and went. Around 6-7 inches of snow. The Winds haven't been that bad. However, it is COLD!! 10 degrees right now but will dip down to -2 tonight. Burrrrr

Steve, you have a real good neighbor!!

- Jim

earthlypotluck said:
Yep, I am in Connecticut and currently 17 degrees and 12 mph winds. A few inches dropped already but the biggest part is yet to come. Winds suppose to pick up 30-40mph. Snowfall will be anywhere from 5 - 10". They are talking -9 degrees Friday into Saturday. Very rare here in CT. I guess I will have to wait and see. - Jim

Only about 8 to 10" of light powdery snow this morning. However, it was about 10 degrees and the wind was blowing about 30 to 40 mph. Had all 3 cars in the driveway so I wouldn't have to shovel it out; if I leave a car on the street it'll get entombed by the snow plow... So, while the plan worked,the battery on my wife's car was deader than a doornail. Of course, her car was behind the other two cars in the driveway. :( After cleaning the walk and the cars, my neighbor helped jumping my wife's car. I let it run a while and then headed to Goodyear (the only place open) for a battery. A battery, oil change and $190 later, I headed home to finish the snow removal. The cold just took my breath away so I did everything a little at a time. When all was said and done, I made a big pot of chicken soup and man, it was just what the doctor ordered :) Just grateful for a warm house, safety, and food on the table. I'm low maintenance.:)