Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would you eat here??? :):

Micheal_R

Staff member
I guess going to the bathroom would be problematical... :)

[attachment 83457 restaurant05.jpg]

[attachment 83458 restaurant102.jpg]

[attachment 83459 restaurant108.jpg]

[attachment 83460 restaurant111.jpg]

[attachment 83461 restaurant126.jpg]

[attachment 83462 restaurant132.jpg]

Calm seas

Mikie

diner than the piano player. :look:

n/t

I don't consider myself to be afraid of heights but I have been out on the boom of tower cranes while on the job and it gives you a definite and uncomfortable tightening in the crotch.:rolleyes::lol:

I think ours had a 45 ft boom or so. You boom that sucker out at a maybe 25 or 30 degree angle and then move up or down it bounces like mad and gives you much pucker power for sure. I would get a new apprentice in the thing and have fun.

The worse control on that thing was the bucket tilt. It is used to level the bucket and is just an on off switch, there is no way to ease it one way or the other, you just tap it and level the thing. Well it would just tilt a little but when you are up there and hit that switch by mistake it feels like you are gonna dump right out of the dang thing. It is funny but you actually move little but your brain tricks you.

I had to climb the dang boom once to bring a guy down, he froze. It is silly to iron workers like George but if you don't do it all the time it can be creepy

We definitely get to play with a lot of big toys in the construction business. It was a lot easier in Canada where there are safety regulations and ongoing safety maintenance. Bermuda has some safety regs but really nobody to enforces them, as a result you get lots of equipment here that is past it's due date in North America. We had a big zoom boom like the one you mentioned on a site here in Bermuda, Royal. The hydraulics were really bad and the engine kept cycling which only made it worse. If you needed to move the man cage you had to anticipate the movement because the hydraulics were so delayed. Push the joystick the way you wanted to move, wait a bit without any response and then it would lurch forward, the amount it moved was dependent upon how long you had held the joystick in that direction. If you misjudged it would slam you into the wall of the building, not a good thing. I eventually had the rental guy take it back after it trapped two of my men, 3 stories up in the air for a couple of hours. The emergency override wouldn't even work, I had to get a cherry picker truck to pull them out on a sling attached to the murder ball. The tower cranes are in about the same condition.:( The men watch each others backs and I do my best to watch all of theres. What can I say? Bermuda is another world.

Eric
I've never lost a man in 30 years and I'm not starting now.

n/t

n/t

wrapped over a spud wrench to stop from sliding down a column. Food is where you find it or in my case, they sent it up to you on the hook. It would take to much time to come down and they were are a roll or a break in the weather so they were setting as much steel as they could. Like most distasteful jobs, you get used to them in due time.