Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would Like to know

passfinder

i have a garrett1500 it has 4 frequency,If i hunt with some one and my detector goes haywire,you change frequency,fixes the problems write,WELL some frequency, find gold better,what I'm trying to get at is witch one of the garrett frequency is better,are its not that kind of frequency!!!!!:shrug:

Although I am not a tech, I know that the ability to change frequencies on the GTI Series Detectors is more for dealing with outside interference, such as electronic cables or another person metal detecting beside you. Quite often, when dealing with outside interference, you change frequencies and the detector runs much more stable. So, in a direct way, changing frequencies could help with gold digging by allowing you to run at a higher sensitivity with a different frequency. I often change frequencies when running into interference. If I hunt with another person using a Garrett, I usually get a good operating frequency adjustment before we start hunting, so we can hunt side by side and yak at the same time.

The frequency changes on your 1500 are miniscule and will not enhance its ability to find gold or anything else. It is merely for crosstalk between detectors and interference from power lines. In order to improve chances of finding gold one needs a detector you can boost up to 15 khz or better.

Bill

[quote John-Edmonton]If I hunt with another person using a Garrett, I usually get a good operating frequency adjustment before we start hunting, so we can hunt side by side and yak at the same time.[/quote]

My bro Awhitster will tell you what it's like for us to hunt side by side. Our 250's go nuts. But I have used that to MY advantage.:bouncy: When I see him in an area that looks like he will find something, I just mosey over there, let him get all :rage: and he moves on, I FIND THE STUFF.:rofl:

[quote Rosco Bookbinder][quote John-Edmonton]If I hunt with another person using a Garrett, I usually get a good operating frequency adjustment before we start hunting, so we can hunt side by side and yak at the same time.[/quote]

My bro Awhitster will tell you what it's like for us to hunt side by side. Our 250's go nuts. But I have used that to MY advantage.:bouncy: When I see him in an area that looks like he will find something, I just mosey over there, let him get all :rage: and he moves on, I FIND THE STUFF.:rofl:[/quote]That's not happening this year. I am going to carry a bag of BB's. I'll leave something behind to keep him busy..............while I go find the good stuff.....or a ball bat:angel:

Does anyone here on this forum think there is no brotherly love between Awhitster and me??? We've never been closer since getting into the MD hobby or the other things we do on the side. BB's???? :starwars: I'll have a bag full of tricks with me. I just need to get them through security at the airport:yikes:

THANK you guys ,for all the info! some one said that if you want to find GOLD
15KHZ,is the one I have a DFX, and been thinking of using the 15KHZ only.MY personal opinion is GARRETT is better!!
ME and a friend,hunt the same old ball park,I all ways used the DFX, WELL the last time we went out, THE GARRETT
\went with me,MY finds were so much more!I compared the finds with the DFX to the GARRETT, THE coin, dates were earlier with the garrett,so i know i was digging deeper!IM not saying the DFX is a bad detector,I think there is to much to adjust,WHITES went over board,WHO wants togo out and use half there time adjusting.I know you have to learn your detector,I had a new ADS 7learned the ground balance,started finding stuff,old and new,learning the sounds ,what the bell tones were telling me and stuff like that,
the DFXwell realy you have to learn the detector, and all the adjustments.YOU can walk around and find nothing, but junk,OR if you do find something it not to deep,THE DFX realy doesent get good depth,untill you start tweaking the many adjustments!!:nopity: