Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would like opinions for best detector to work in the iron

bilyum73

Hi everybody I would like some help in deciding what detector to get that works really good at sites like where they tear down old buildings or homes and the ground is just littered with nails and junk. I have an etrac that I I use for other places, I also have an F75se have only used it about a year thow I can't Run it to hot when I go to these sites in the city because of emi issues. I know to really be productive at these sites it takes the right machine and a lot of time with it to understand what it is telling you to really get good results.
I've been detecting for 3 years so I am still pretty much a newbie at this, but I've seen first hand what someone who know's what there machine is telling them and has the experience can do at one of these site it is very impressive he was useing a cz6a. I don't know if I should stick with the f75se and keep learning it or if there is a better machine out there that would be better suited for these situations maybe with less emi in the city's. I would very much appreciate any and all opinions on this.

Thank's Bill

Xp Deus is the one, but a little pricey.:sadwalk:

The E-Trac and the XP Deus are the only ones that will work well in and around iron. Both units need to setup right, and you have to work real slow for the results / finds.

I have an E-Trac and it does very well seperating good targets in iron and trash but I also use a Teknetics G-2 with the 5 inch coil and that machine is amazing working in iron and trash. The E-Trac with the Sun-Ray 5 inch is deeper but down to 8 inchs I use the G-2. HH :minelab::teknetics::fisher:

The Gold Bug Pro and G2 have absolutely no EMI issues at all and run very stable even at high sensitivity settings with NO chatter!. They work great in iron and nail infested sites. Their 5 and 5 x 10 DD inch coils are at home in thick trash and iron. Both coils are deep hitting coils as well. Also, both detectors are super light weight and can be swung all day long without pain. The Gold Bug Pro is a keeper.

tabman

n/t

In heavy iron, the G2 & new GB (with 5" coil)---absolutely the best, cannot be beat!----I tried to tell a few people that to start with--think a few eyes have finally been opened. :) ---------Del

Thanks everybody for all your great responses I really appreciate it, I'm thinking I will look into the gold bug pro with the 5 inch coil and the additional 5x10 dd from what I've heard that sounds like a pretty good coil as well. Are the older cz's with the concentric coils hard to learn to run in those trashy iron sites? I was also kind of wondering about the at pro with iron audio.

Thanks, Bill

Deus. I have hunted in colonial iron patches for many years and nothing is faster then the Deus. You can put it in Pitch and presto your using a faster GP Pro on steroids. But you have many options with it. It made some of my high end units expendable.

The Sovereign isn't a fast machine but it's Iron Mask ON feature will see coins mixed in iron better than any machine I've ever used, fast or not. When the two targets are "one" in that they are both being mixed in the same magnetic field by the coil that's when it's up to the machine to split them apart and sound off to the non-ferrous target mixed with the ferrous. Iron Mask ON does an amazing job at that. Recovery speed is over rated IMHO. You just need to slow down your sweep with slow machines in order to seperate the two targets. Coil placement is more critical than recovery speed.

Give the AT-Pro a look see. It was designed to be used in heavy iron and minerized ground and is a solid all around performer. Waterproof too.