Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would like best advice on what metal detector to buy under $300.00

sccpdc

I am wanting to buy a metal detector for $300.00 or less but I like everyone els want the most bang for the buck.
i intend to use it on the beach and in the shallows. thanks in advance for your advice

www.backwoodsdetectorsales.com

I used a ace 250 on the Texas coast for a couple years, with good results(low mineralization here). You need to runs the sens low or it will get chatty. These days I use a Vaquero though, runs much better with the manual GB, I even submerge the coil a couple inches sometimes. You might find a used one in your budget. If you want to go much deeper(water depth) than a couple inches and I'd look for a water machine.. If your beaches are not highly mineralized you might consider a silver Umax also. You can get a 10x12 or a 3x18 coil for the umax if you want to cover lots of beach.

Thanks I checked them out and I think I will go with it. found a deal for 297.00

Garrett is offering the ACE 250 Deluxe Sports Pack. In addition to the ACE 250, you get 5 Items:

Ace 250 by Garrett

Just got my 250 today with the following

Pro Treasure Gloves ($39.95 Value)
Pro Series Unbreakable Composite Trowel ($14.95 Value)
Garrett Ace 250 DVD Instruction Video ($9.95 Value)
Treasure Magazine Collectors Back Issue ($4.95 Value)
Pro Treasure Mesh Beach Bag for Accessories ($19.95 Value)
Added Bonus ($167.80 Value):
Garrett TreasureSound Headphones ($19.95 Value)
Garrett Ace Carry Bag ($14.95 Value)
Book: How To Find Lost Treasure ($3.95 Value)
Weather resistant environmental cover the Garrett Ace Series ($14.95 Value)
Garrett Ace 9"x12" Searchcoil for Ace 150 & 250 ($84.95 Value)

All for $297.40

from Metaldetecto.com

Just for the newbies like me looking for a deal
good luck

Wow, for beach hunting...

I always go USED for detectors. So for that price and for the beach maybe an older Fisher CZ or a Minelab Sovereign? Both would do you good in the wet and dry sand.

Check the classified forums here at finds.

w

Ace 250 hands down. You can still buy it for $212 and have enough money left over to buy
Garretts Pro-pointer. I finally broke down and bought the Pro-pointer and am in Katz heaven.
You'll find every target with it. No wondering "Where the heck is it"

The Ace 250 is very under-priced but don't let the cheap price fool you. Garrett made a wise business
move by providing a good inexpensive detector and has raked in a good share of the market. The Ace is a
$300 - $400 dollar machine in my opinion.
Katz

Wow, you got all that stuff for $297 :huh: How about a new Mercedes Van? You should have held off one to be offered. I donno about the 250, but it sounds like you bought a bunch of accessories and a mediocre? detector. Good luck. :huh: