Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would anyone know the year of this old Ford pickup truck? ...........

Kelley (Texas)

This is a photo that I took this past Sunday of an old ice house northeast of New Braunfels, Texas. This old ice house was originally a country store built back in 1906. I think that they still have live country music once or twice a week...sell beer and hamburgers daily. This old Ford pickup truck appears to be in good condition, but I did not see anyone out in the parking lot to ask what year it might be, maybe early 1950's. Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 134803 Freiheit_2.jpg]

[attachment 134802 Freiheit_3.jpg]

I just do not use my brain at times...never thought about getting a closer picture of the truck because I was concentrating on the building. I was on my way to Martindale, Texas...wanted to take some back roads and take some pictures of the dam on the San Marcos river just on the south part of the small town. I just happen to accidently find part of the old ghost town of Zorn, Texas while on the way to Martindale...well, I found the cemetery, not the town it's self. Wayne, it is still just too hot to be riding that bike, but I made the best of it. On the way back to San Antonio, I ran across a friend near San Marcos, Texas. We rode back to San Antonio together and then I headed for the house where I sat under a fan for about thirty minutes. I took some pictures that I will try to post in a few days...still worried about those red dots when I clicked on the Forum the other day. Kelley (Texas) :)

Hi Fred,

My Dad bought a '52 Ford pickup and as I recall the years you mentioned there were not many changes in the style.

It was a great little truck and there were a lot of them still being used when I was in Texas in the early 90's.

CJ

n/t

it could also be later 40's like 48 or 49 also. I see these from time to time done up at the car shows. Usually lowered somewhat in both Ford and chevys.... Both good looking trucks....Lot of interest here in the vintage metal trucks..... Here are a few shots of the trucks at the shows here and one of a 1948 I grabbed for comparison.

George-CT

"Noooo Sam!" that i posted several months back, that is the exact same truck that my buddy Cliff rolled in the creek. His was black also.
Yep, way too hot for biking where you are but i will enjoy the pics:biggrin:
Those red "unread" marks on the forum happen now and then to everybody not a worry at all.

90 or above and I don't find it much fun. Just to much heat coming off the bike and off the road. On hot humid days here, more of the locals tend to go out late afternoon for a cruise. Hope to make a run this evening to Susie Q's. Nice one hour ride on a great road for bikes. Lots of twist and turns, lined with big shade tree's and the last 15 minutes of it its lakes and pine tree's. Really nice ride. At the end is a place for food and ice cream, with lots of road bikes. Mostly Harleys, but more jap bikes all the time. Usually around 300 riders there on a Tuesday, most of the time older husband and wifes who just enjoy a nice night out. Great mushroom burgers there.
See if I can grab a few shots of the lakes and bikes if any real different ones. Last week someone brought a trike type unit called a Stallion. First one I ever saw, with a full fiberglass cockpit all around it, sleak looking unit. Lots of nice custom Harleys also. Serious money in them and all tricked out with Nitros setups, killer paint jobs, lazer cut rims, and more chrome than should be legal in the sun.

Wanted to get out last night but was helping my daughter inspect a home she is looking at. Like Mikie, not enough hours in a day. My time on here has been when I'm in for lunch or later in the evening. Running out of summer here with only a month left and still have a lot of things I'd like to get done, but I don't see them all getting done.

Enjoy seeing whats left of the little towns our your way. Looks like a place with a slow pace. Thats becoming more and more appealing to me in these later years. Running flat out is not all its cracked up to be as we age....

George-CT

Hey George,

I gave up on that "flat out" stuff and am happy when I can do a few small jobs a day to keep the wolves at bay!

The old '52 Ford Dad had was red and I'm sure it was origional.

I liked that old truck!

CJ

n/t

From about '49 to about '52 Ford pickups didn't change much. Our ranch truck for a long time was a '51 F-1 & except it was green & sorta rusty, it looked just like the black one. Dad's cousin had a black '49 F-2 & except ours was a 6, 3-on-the-tree & his was a V8 4-on-the-floor they looked exactly alike.

see pictures of your area I'm impressed with the scenery. I could live and ride there no problem. Its getting much to crowded here in the North East. Being half way between Boston and New York along the coastline the traffic is really bad. The call this the bedroom community of both places but it don't seem like any of them stop to sleep. I-95 is a real zoo.

George-CT

You want a zoo try I-35. It's the main NAFTA route. Between a point about 50 mi S of San Antonio & Georgetown, 35 mi N of Austin, it's so congested with commuters & NAFTA trucks that it's scary to look at, much less to drive. I agree with the Teamsters--for an entirely different reason--that Mexican trucks shouldn't be allowed on US roads. They don't want the Mexican truckers. I don't want the Mexican trucks. Every joke you ever heard about rolling wrecks is a perfect description of most Mexican trucks. They're accidents looking for a place to happen & I'd certainly prefer they not happen on US highways.

48-52 main thing that changed was the grill, I learned to drive in 50 239 flathead w- granny 4 speed . My dad would get drunk and say here you drive I was 7 at the time,Drove all over Dallasin that thing