Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WOT Coil Questions:buds:

Krusty

Hey all!

I'm trying to find out anything about the WOT Coil since I am thinking of buying one. I use the standard 10-1/2 Ex II Coil,and the WOT appears to be a 15" DD so the weight should not be that much different, but I'm looking for the added depth and performance (or so I've heard).:shrug:

Also any input on the Joey and the Wallaby (well..spelled something like that!). Thanks all and Happy Hunting!

Krusty

I have the Joey coil and like it alot.It work great in trash areas, and goes just about as deep as stock coil and about half the weight.
Crowduck

HI Krusty,
I have been using the 15"WOT for about twelve months and it's great. On air tests I have done with the coil you get at least 30% more depth even sometimes a little more. It's a fair bit heavier than the stock coil but if you can handle that it's fine. I use mine exclusively on the beach for the extra depth and the extra coverage on each swing. I found it to be a little unstable on the EX II if you up the sensitivity, however on the SE it's much more stable at higher sensitivity. For parks and old sites I use Coiltek's Platypus coil.
Hope this helps....Regards....Boony

I use the WOT with the swingy thingy and can hunt all day. I really like it and haven't found it unstable with my EX2 but I do run the sens around 24. Covers a lot of ground and goes deep. It will work in moderately trashy places just go slow and listen. I use Ferrous

I haven't really put any time in with the WOT 15" Coil but I do know that it is heavier than the Stock 10.5" Coil. I have a few area's I would love to try one out at but just haven't borrowed one to try yet. I do have the Joey Coil and if you are looking for a Coil that will go fairly deep for Coins and Relics in trashy area's, this is a must have Coil. I call it my Sniper Coil since I can go slow and get between the trash and find the good targets that others have missed. I know for a fact that I alone pulled close to 100 Silver Coins from a single Fairgrounds with my Joey Coil and wouldn't hunt in trashy area's without it. I figure you can get a Coin at about 10" so you only lose an Inch or 2. Also, if the WOT 15" Coil is too heavy for you, you may want to look in on the SunRay X-12 Coil. It is light weight and has about the same depth as the WOT Coil. Hope this helps and Good Luck with your decision and HH.

I have been using a WOT for several months on an EXP II and have been very, very happy with it. Although it is a large coil it really picks up very small targets at good depths. What I really like about it is that it enhances tones at moderate depth. Those iffy 6-9 inch targets ring in loud and clear. My sensitivity has to be reduced from the stock coil settings (back to 18-20 - heavy mineralization in NM) and it is heavier but it is my first choice when I get to a new site. If the trash/iron is too much then I scale back to the stock or my 4x7 (which is a great coil too). Pinpoint works as well as the stock. I hunt in IM 14 and ferrous.

Cliff - -