Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Worship The Creator for May 19-25

When I first believed the Gospel message, I was so eager to get out and spread the Word. I'm sure that is something most, if not all, New believers have in common. I started out first with loved ones and friends, you know, people I was comfortable talking to. I just had this strong faith that it was my job to spread the news, and God was in control over who hears it and believes and those who don't.

I can remember one time, before my husband was born again, we went to a local bar. I wasn't comfortable with going, but I was his designated driver. Well, he ran into someone from his past and he asked me to collect his phone number and address, you know, since I was the woman who has everything but the kitchen sink in her purse. Well I found paper easily enough, but I couldn't find a pen. I did have a pencil that I obviously accidentally took from the church pew. I don't remember what it had on it...either the Lord's Prayer or the Ten Commandments, something like that. Well, when I handed it to the guy, he just stared at it. I asked him, "What's wrong?" He said, "This is not something one expects to find in a bar." I said, "Well, what better place? Everyone in here needs to hear the message. We all are sinners." He nodded his head and said, "You're right."
I didn't plan that, or stage it, or think about it. It just happened. But that was a little seed that was sown that night. And I learned a little lesson on how God is in the details. I also learned how we have to get out of our comfort zone. It's one thing to talk with other believers, that's easy.

In my walk there have been intentional outreaches. I don't want to come across like I'm bragging about my good works, so I won't list them. I'm going to assume, since I'm talking to fellow Christians, that you all know the many different ministries we can be active in. But, what about unintentional outreaches? I have been wanting to share this with you from the beginning, but have been too afraid because of lurkers.
I found this site and this forum because I am on another one where sexually explicit posts are in my opinion, too much. I'm not one to hit the "report" button. I'm not a tattle tale, and I also feel it's not my place to make the call. There are a lot of respectable people on there also though, and I missed talking to them. I didn't realize how attached I was until one of them posted that they had some serious health issues. So, that drew me back in.
I have been strengthened by these Bible lessons and sharing back and forth with all of you. Especially Ma, girl you are on fire and it has warmed my heart more than words can say!
So, please pray for God to use me to spread the Gospel message in a place where it is against the rules to do so. God will have to use me like He did with the pencil in the bar. And I am going to need strength and courage and wisdom, etc.

~ Sis digger

Hi Sis digger, God will give you courage & strength to be a witness for Him by speaking Jesus' name with out shame! I too will not report those who post filthy photos & curse unlike FB who puts us in FB jail --we Christians who post the Gospel truth, but I post it any way with the Words God's Holy Spirit gives me--which sometimes offend even those who pretend to be Christians or encourage those needing hope & prayer whether saved or not! Some PPL say I am too unloving at times & that God loves everyone & all are going to be saved & with Him, Jesus; but not so--the Bible tells us differently or Jesus would not have had to die for all sinners & only believing faith & repentance with Jesus' forgiveness redeems & washes our sinful souls clean to be faithful saints who will be caught up on our Resurrection Day in NEW glorified bodies!

Keep the faith & keep witnessing as God leads you into His harvesting fields ripe for picking, but the LABORERS are few--Remember I've been truly saved since 51 years of age & I am nearly 83; so we each have our own growing time in building our faith & gaining courage to face satan, our enemy, where the Lord leads us as He provides what we need to say & for our protection, as long as we don't go ahead of Him, which could be disastrous; therefore, we keep wearing the whole armor of God--God's true Word is needed for good witnessing as our enemies also know God's Holy Word & will attack & come against us but armed with the Gospel truth WE WIN LOST SOULS FOR JESUS! Amen! Sis Ma Betty

It was a sermon on this passage that finally "broke" me. I believe I told this story about me before. I'll try to add other details. I can look back now and see that God chose me. As a small child I knew I loved Jesus. I didn't understand any of it, nor did I really know anything about Jesus. But then, as a teenager, I was rebellious. I became cynical. It wasn't "cool" to be religious. Plus, I blamed God for all the evil things that had happened to me. I was the criminal that mocked Jesus. Then, over time, my heart was softened and I was led to go to church caty-corner across the street from where I lived. Not that it matters much, but it was a United Church of the Brethren. When Pastor Bob was going through the scripture , I saw myself for who I was. Very cynical. Bitter.

Then he read the words of the other thief...

40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

I can still remember my thoughts:
Don't I fear God?
I am going to die. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but someday I will face Him.
I am guilty of sin. Just look at all the things I've done wrong in my life so far.
Jesus did nothing wrong.
Just look at what He has done for me.

And it was about that time that a vision appeared to me in the church. It was Jesus' hand reaching down to me and He said, "Come."

That's when it happened. I became a blubbering idiot. The sermon ended and no one could console me. Pastor Bob came up and I was comfortable with talking to him because he lived across the street and I had a neighborly knowledge of him. But, he instructed Pastor Art to take me into an empty room and council me! That threw me for a loop and I cried harder. Poor, poor Pastor Art! He had his hands full!

I can look back on this day with very fond memories and even laugh at it. I never asked Pastor Bob why he didn't talk to me. The Lord took me to a United Methodist church (and later to the non denominational church I am currently attending) where I quickly learned that in all the churches there were/are few people to do many jobs. So I understood. The UCB was fortunate to have an extra Pastor on hand. I look forward to finding out their take on that day!

On a side note which we may get into in a future lesson:

I have the word "today" underlined. Jesus didn't tell the thief, " you will fall asleep and when I return, you will be resurrected." No he said, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

This is my story
This is my song

~Sis digger

Yes, many of us have the same story about the details of our salvation --I was supposedly saved at 13 & was baptized in water but like a bad vaccination it didn't stick as I was a Carnal Christian until truly saved by having a personal relationship with Jesus now! I was & am truly saved in a Pentecost Church by a woman pastor & teacher--she was a Prayer Warrior & God answered her prayers--one time her brother wanted to quit smoking but was too addicted & couldn't but Sister Story prayed for his cigs to be so bitter that he couldn't stand the taste & quit & wasn't long until he quit --just the way she prayed in Jesus' name!

As far as the thief whom Jesus forgave, it depends on where the comma is placed--Jesus could have meant , You will be with me in paradise today, like all true forgiven believers when we die & we receive our new glorified bodies on our Resurrection Day or You will be with Me in Paradise, today! I believe the first one I've written for Jesus had His glorified body after arising the third day & another reason is the Bible says that the only one in heaven right now is Jesus--So the two that went up before Him must be held somewhere waiting for their new glorified bodies, for no one with SINS & impurities can ever enter heaven! The Bible is a mystery in so many ways; so only God knows all things that we can't even know or realize until we, ourselves, are Home with Him (Jesus)!

I was bitter because of my dad and exhusband so God had my brother & sister-in-law to take me to a church where a woman was pastor & teacher ( she was called to preach but so many came against her she just claimed to be a teacher)! Took awhile for me to yield &, was slain in the Spirit, to become a true Christian, but when I did, I also was baptized with God's Holy Spirit through prayers for me & then I studied His Word with a thirst that I never had before & began writing Christian poems & songs! God knows what we need & from whom we will receive what is needed to save our souls for His Kingdom!!! Like Mike in Michigan always says, God is good & He is good all the time! My love for Jesus is TRULY REAL! PTL!

I will try to look up the scripture about Jesus being the only one living in heaven right now & post later & also the two men who were caught up to God--I just can't rememer like I did & sometimes I get mixed up, too; so I need to get the exact scripture--I use the KJV Bible but other Bibles differ from it in some ways! Ma

Why would God, who supposedly loves us so much that He sent His one and only Son to be a sacrifice for our sins, want us to be afraid of Him?

That is how I asked the question to Pastor Larry of the UMC I was attending. He gave me an analogy that really helped me understand:
"When you are driving down the road and your mind is on the destination and purpose of the drive, and all of the sudden you look up and there is a police car in your review mirror, how do you react? How do you feel? Are you 'afraid' of the police officer?"
I replied, " Well, my heart jumps into my throat and I look down to make sure I am following the speed limit. I am not 'afraid' of the officer, I am 'afraid' I am going to get a ticket from him." Pastor Larry said, "Because you respect the authority the officer has over you. That's how it is to 'fear God.' It doesn't mean that God wants us to be afraid of Him. He wants us to love Him and respect His authority by obeying His commandments. When we live by His laws, people will see God through us and that is how we glorify God."

~Sis digger

Sis digger, the scripture I was referring to is: John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 2 Kings--Elijah went up in a whirlwind so I guess he, the forgiven thief, Lazarus, the beggar (who ate the crumbs from the rich man's table) is resting on Abraham' Bosom somewhere in the heavens--wherever that part of heaven is, for I believe there are 3 heavens--with Jesus sitting on His Father God's right hand in Paradise the highest heaven! There was another one? who was caught up & seen no more but can't remember who it was & couldn't find it but know it is there some place in the Bible--anyway since they went up in their old bodies I'm guessing they will need their glorified bodies for God's kingdom where Jesus is! So many mysteries & miracles that were not written down during Jesus' time on earth! If someone has a different opinion than mine please speak up--I am only human & I err in many ways, too! God Bless! Oh, I get Elijah & Elisha mixed up, so rereading the scriptures helps! Sis Ma Betty

Missouri Ma Betty22 said:
Sis digger, the scripture I was referring to is: John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 2 Kings--Elijah went up in a whirlwind so I guess he, the forgiven thief, Lazarus, the beggar (who ate the crumbs from the rich man's table) is resting on Abraham' Bosom somewhere in the heavens--wherever that part of heaven is, for I believe there are 3 heavens--with Jesus sitting on His Father God's right hand in Paradise the highest heaven! There was another one? who was caught up & seen no more but can't remember who it was & couldn't find it but know it is there some place in the Bible--anyway since they went up in their old bodies I'm guessing they will need their glorified bodies for God's kingdom where Jesus is! So many mysteries & miracles that were not written down during Jesus' time on earth! If someone has a different opinion than mine please speak up--I am only human & I err in many ways, too! God Bless! Oh, I get Elijah & Elisha mixed up, so rereading the scriptures helps! Sis Ma Betty

Good.
Good. Good. Good.
This Bible Study is leading us deeper and deeper. As it should! (Heh heh, I didn't mean to rhyme). I agree so many mysteries. That is why we need to keep digging deeper. I was getting kind of stagnant in my walk. This is the type of fellowship I was praying for.

Now before I say anymore, I want to make something perfectly clear: By no means do I wish to jump on a denomination bashing bandwagon. I just want to understand where, why and how certain beliefs and ideas came to be. Maybe I will receive understanding, maybe I won't IDK. Plus I don't think this is a "salvation issue" so there's a little room here. I think. And I, too, am only human and err, so ditto to what Ma said.

I always thought that when you die you go to heaven. I mean that's what I was always told by the grown ups.

Then I asked what R. I. P. meant? Rest In Peace. Well what does that mean? The grown ups told me that when you die you're body is buried and your soul "rests" there until Jesus comes to take you to Heaven. So.... when you die, you don't go straight to Heaven?

Then I hear this word" "Purgatory." What is that? At first I thought it was another name for Hell. Then, I'm told it's a place your soul goes and waits till God decides whether you go to Heaven or Hell. Later, I learn that some believe that's where your soul goes because no one goes straight to Heaven yet. It is not mentioned specifically in the Bible. It is implied. I found this site interesting: https://douglasbeaumont.com/2015/08/13/explaining-purgatory-to-protestants/
And the comments, too. I especially like the one where the guy points out that very scripture we were discussing:

D. Charles Pyle
August 13, 2015 at 3:26 pm

I have no idea why people feel the need to fight against the teaching. Jesus told the robber on the cross: “Today you will be with me in paradise.” Three days later, Jesus informs Mary Magdalene that he had not yet ascended into heaven.

So, where is this paradise to which the repentant robber was promised he would be with Jesus therein? It wasn’t heaven. Jesus himself had not yet gone to heaven three days afterward, and yet the paradise to which the robber would go and be with Jesus that very day of his death was promised.

Then I read these accounts in the Bible where people don't die, they are called up. It seems to imply to me that they are "in Heaven."

And how many times does the word "heavens" appear? Well I know it depends on which translation/version of the Bible you are reading. Still it implies different, shall I say, levels. If I may ask, Ma, why do believe there are 3?

Ugh! I've got my head spinning! One thing for me, I can certainly understand how there could be a whole lot of different denominations from this subject.

Where do I stand? This is a mystery that I will have to wait and see how it happens. I'm not surprised. I've gone through my whole life in the "school of hard knocks" why should my death be any different? :wacko:

In my opinion, this is not a salvation issue. I believe God has chosen me. I know I am a new creation. I will enter the Kingdom of Heaven through Jesus Christ, my Savior. Some day. His way.

~Sis digger

LOL! Yes Sis digger, so many interpretations & views of different denominations, & so many different Bible versions; so gets confusing, therefore I stick with the KJV to which I am familiar in understanding the Scriptures but I have to admit I haven't kept up with studying it & just not as godly wise that I should be! I do know there is one TRUTH we all need to know & not forget is: Jesus was born sinless & He was crucified & resurrected for all sinners, as we are all born sinner's and fall short of God's glory by Adam's corrupt seed & in need of a Savior, Who is Jesus the One & Only way to our Heavenly Father & to have eternal life for our eternal living soul! Only He forgives our repentant sins & saves us for God's, glorious Kingdom to be with Him forever more! All the other teachings by the Holy Spirit is to know what has been & will be after salvation grace has been imparted unto us Spiritually! Not worth arguing over as long as we know Jesus, personally, & obey God's Holy Commandments by studying & learning His written Word!

I said third heaven because of 2nd Corinthians & concerning I believe John appeared in the third heaven either in body or in Spirit as he didn't know which--also could be seven levels for the seven Spirits of god, one Spirit for each level--but so much studying & learning that an old lady has trouble remembering now--just bits & pieces come to mind so lots of searching needs done, which tires me out too easily & hurts my eyes & overwhelms me "ittle" mind! :cry: The martyrs in Rev? says their souls are kept under the altar--so lots of mysteries of where our spirits (souls) are kept until resurrected & the Earth as we know it ends!

God Bless! Sis Ma Betty

OK. that gives me some clues of where to start. I'll research it.
I think you have a lot of knowledge. There's no ladies at my church that are on fire for the Lord like you are. God is still using you for His Glory.
Sis digger

What does the reality of judgment teach us about our utter need for forgiveness? How can you learn to give to others who have done you wrong the kind of grace and forgiveness God offers us through Jesus?

We all fall short of the Glory of God. And as I have said before, man judges sin across the board. God judges sin up and down, between each individual and Himself.

Have you ever been asked or have asked yourself, "what is the meaning of life?" That was a question I grappled with as a kid. It wasn't until I was born again did I learn the answer. The meaning of life is to grow more and more like Christ. We will never attain perfection, but we still keep growing. Our Advocate will intercede for us when we miss the mark. We have to remember that everyone is in different stages in this growth; mature Christians, new Christians, somewhere in between, and those who have not been born again. For those who are believers, we all have that same Advocate. For those who are not believers, well we don't know who God is calling. We need to show that grace in order to Glorify God. In a nut shell: Don't get all "high and mighty." We all need grace.

Thank you, Sis Digger, but not on Spiritual Fire for Jesus like I was when in church services & used of our Lord--I miss those services, too, but not many churches like that now with Holy Ghost filled Preachers, Sisters & Brothers! I would listen to more services on TV, but it is my sister's & she gets angry if she can't watch her programs--The older ones & Westerns--She knows the OLDER Actors & Actresses' lives better than she knows mine?--Never was interested in their history or Bios! Oh well to each their own! :lol:

I like watching & listening to Perry Stone & also others but like I said, to please my sister, who is like my dad with a terrible temper & selfish--she was a twin & mom's baby girl--wasn't raised like I was--Mom & dad were very strict with my brother, Cliff & I; especially dad! He was bitter & had a very bad temper! But had calmed down some when the twins came along when I was 11 & Cliff was 9 & a half--so much difference, but I had already left home when they started first grade, so no teachings are influence from us, as my brother had already left home before I did because of dad's strictness! Larry & Cliff, our brothers have passed away (2007& 2009) I still miss them a lot!

Well, again telling my childhood tales; so seems the elderly (like me) talk about themselves but interesting by asking & listening; especially, those in Nursing Homes who are alone without many visitors & need to talk & do when they can! :lol: Years ago, our Sunday School class would visit them & they were pleased to have visitors! Hope others will visit the elderly as most are lonesome! Sis Ma Betty

And everyone else's. I always was wired like that. I used to spend the night with my Grandma and help get her stuff down so she could dust it. She would tell me the stories behind every knick knack and every trophy and every picture. It's all history. I can't retain all the information, but I love learning it.

Let you light shine!

~Sis

Well, Sis digger, two jobs done with grandma--dusting of her goodies (collectibles) & story telling time! It is a shame that without recording or writing down our ancestry info while young to be able to remember it the way it was told to us; so much is lost, for most young PPL just aren't interested in parents' & grandparents' history until grown & then memory has to try to recall to mind what was really said which fails too often, but so interesting when researched -- my relatives have three groups doing the research but too time consuming for me to keep up with it! Keep on, keepin' on for Jesus! God Bless! Sis Ma Betty