Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

World War 1 badge

Hoover

Found this badge at my local park. It was awarded to personnel who "returned from active service" and were given an honourable discharge during world war 1. The AIF stands for Australian Imperial Forces, and the badge allowed servicemen and women to show they had fulfilled their nationalistic duty at a time when able bodied men were often questioned as to why they were not currently involved in the war effort. I'm currently investigating the possibility of finding who the badge belonged to, as the numbers may be recorded in national archives.
Hoover

That is a nice find. Hope you can track it down.

That is soooo cool. Congrats on your find and I hope you can find the family to whom it belonged. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hoover

Congratulations mate
Thats a great find
The RSL or the Army History section in Canberra should be able to help with the serial no.
Kudos & Karma to you for wanting to give it back to the family where it belongs.

T59