Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Worker finds $182,000 in wall................

Kelley (Texas)

I wonder how many folks will claim it belongs to them...........

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2007/12/13/woio.money.found.wall.woio

split it 50/50

I'm hoping for a green Christmas :biggrin: Not to worry though........I'll make up for it in spring. Hey.......did you set up camp for the Chinese New Year yet ??:rofl:

Hi Kelley,
That's a good one!

I'm in the construction trades, and spend most my time in other folks homes.
Once we have come to an agreement allowing me to work, I become their agent. An extension of their persona.
It becomes my duty to care for their property.
I protect it more dilligently than if it were my own.

The ruling caselaw regarding a found treasure trove by a workman occurred in LA county, CA, near where I lived, years ago.
A painter found a cache of bills behind a false panel while doing prep work and the court ruled he had no right to it.

I am inclined to agree.
My reward for the opportunity to work in someones home has been decided by prior agreement.

Greed is very poor way to conduct business.
I would never, ever, consider hiring that contractor. Not on a bet!
Hire him in good faith, he sees a windfall, and you end up in court...
He'll get everything he deserves.

Now, detecting on public land, that's different...
Someone, in some way or form, has been cavalier with their property, and lost it.
No one NEEDS jewelry.
If some detector hobbyist makes a find, that value lost is recovered for the benefit of society.

rmptr

n/t