Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wooooo Hoooooo........................

Greg from Mi.

Went detecting today and found a good one.
Last week I detected a 10' X 40' construction site in town. There was a 5' deep trench and I asked a guy running the digging machine if I could detect the dirt piles as long as I stay out of the hole. He said " have fun!"
I only found one wheat. Well today I went back and the job was done and the dirt smoothed out, no grass seed yet :) I found a silver ring, a Kalamazoo bus token and then my best find, a 1876 Indian. ( Picture #1 )I knew the 1877 is the best to find and I know all of them in the 1870's are good one's so I couldn't wait to get home and check it out.
After leaving there I went to where I dug some old bottles about 3 weeks ago and came home with 10 more keepers. My favorite one reads ( Picture #2 ) . " Liquid stove polish. Manufactured be J.L. Prescott Co. New York. Another one reads ( Picture #3 ) Watkins.
Also found a small dish from a doll set??
Picture #4 is everything that I found. The doll dish has the silver ring in it.
Sure had fun
Looking forward to the forum hunt now!!!
Greg

I was free! :)
Now where have I heard that before! :lol:
Nice finds buddy!

n/t

Nice silver ring, Greg and I should have had mom give me all those Watkins Vanilla bottles to keep! :cry: We used a lot of the products back in the 40's and 50's! Used Prid Salve for boils which came in round tins! We even had Superman Comic Books which would have been worth a lot of money now! Oh well that's the way life goes! :sad:

Like those bottles....really a nice collection of various sizes and shapes! Congrats and hope you keep doing great in your finds! :)

God Bless! :angel:
Betty