Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Woohoo! I'm in business!

CruiseAndHunt

Awwww yeah! Got my GTA250 bundle today in the ship's mail. Already got my little yellow buddy assembled, and am currently devouring the first (the manual) of 6 books and a dvd in the 2.5days until I get to St Maarten.

It's like early christmas! Man, I hope my Christmas C.A.R.E package from my family isn't going to be a letdown...I'm surprised security didn't confiscate the coin probe when the box was x-rayed, though. I'll have to wander down there with it tomorrow and hand it in to be picked up when I'm ready to go out treasure hunting.

The Rob is on the hunt!

congrats,, happy hunting, you will have loads of fun with that machine

cheers Roger

Awesome!:thumbup:Best of luck to ya!:biggrin:I hope ya find some gold!:detecting:Happy Hunting!:)

Well, I only got about 2 hours in today, on Frigate Beach in St Kitts-Nevis, as I got rained out. Fortunately, there was a party of graduating veterinary university students buying everybody drinks and behaving like drunken 20somethings in a beach setting do (woohoo) to keep me company while my friend snorkelled.

Per the manual, I left it in All Metal mode and dug/sifted every strong target hit, and there were a lot of them. I was sectioning a beach volleyball court, and I must've dug about 50 targets. Lot of bottle caps (including many older ones which rang clean on the nickle icon) a couple pull tabs, and ONE coin. An Eastern Caribbean 5-cent piece, worn almost smooth. I'll try to grab a pic of it, but my Canon A1000iS is giving me grief about extreme close-up pics...

If you angle it to the light just right, you can make out Queen Elizabeth on one side, and the '5' on the other.

I was moving quite slow, but I guess this must just be a very trash-loaded area. One of the locals suggested I try Shipwreck Beach on the other side of the island next time I'm in St Kitts. Worth a shot.

Will get in a couple of hours on Great Bay beach in Sint Maarten tomorrow, i need to find SOMETHING, if only to beat down the heckling by my friends who seem to expect me to come back loaded down with diamond tiaras, tennis bracelets and pirate loot.