Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wondering about the battery replacement

ronhob

I am sure they last a while, but will you have to send it in for replacement? Cost?
I am also wondering if the wireless headphones will be totally submersible? Sounds stupid, I know, but hate to accidentely dunk an expensive set of phones.

I gotta say, it looks like they ,(Minelab), have taken notice to what many detectorists have been eagerly wanting in a detector. Looks like a terrific unit. Maybe they have decided to follow the forums a little closer like Dilek.
Guess you gotta pay some attention, or you end up with a product that flops while the competition walks all over ya!
Go Figure-Go Find

havent seen anything on the battery replacement, but I would GUESS its probably sealed and a factory replacement thing considering thats the biggest weakness of the CTX waterproofing. Just a guess though, maybe didnt learn that lesson.

What a pain that would be to have to send it in. With the new style batteries it will take awhile before they would have to be replaced.

Anyone else think that the new Equinox resembles the Quest and awful lot?
That's probably one of the reasons Minelab kept their cost down!
Getting more options all the time! I think I'll ride it out till next summer.

stephenscool said:
Probably will have 1 battery replacement near/at the end of the factory warranty. Just a hunch

Had to replace my CTX battery right before the warranty expired, only to find out Minelab only warrantees the batter for 6 months.

ronhob said:
Anyone else think that the new Equinox resembles the Quest and awful lot?
That's probably one of the reasons Minelab kept their cost down!
Getting more options all the time! I think I'll ride it out till next summer.

The Quest has nothing on this new machine . Saw a Quest on a Gold test and it failed , it was up against a V4 Deus but it doesn't matter . It failed .
The Equinox will have a 40 kht freq and that is for Gold and the machine is super fast .

Buy the Equinox.

A wireless probably will not work under water no matter if it is waterproof. Reasonable protections should suffice. I keep the WM10 in a triple seal pouch with only the wires coming out (they are folded over twice) and it has never gotten water in it. Been under water a couple of times for a few seconds in a wave, but never an issue with water.

I make Radio control subs. The sub goes to ten feet, the transmitter is also in a Ikelite case. Underwater the signal seems to have a range from 8-12 feet from the sub to still control it. So haveing a wireless headset and being well within ten feet it should work underwater

Hopefully when it comes time to replace the battery we won't have to send it to Kellyco.......don't like being without my detector that long...