Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Woman, 44, gives birth to her 18th child in Canada

Bayrat76

Woman, 44, gives birth to her 18th child in Canada

Mon Jul 28, 6:03 PM ET

ABBOTSFORD, British Columbia - A Romanian immigrant has given birth to her 18th child in British Columbia, making her the province's most prolific mother in 20 years.
ADVERTISEMENT

Proud dad Alexandru Ionce said Saturday that his 44-year-old wife, Livia, gave birth on Tuesday. Their daughter Abigail weighed in at seven pounds, 12 ounces.

"We never planned how many children to have. We just let God guide our lives, you know, because we strongly believe life comes from God and that's the reason we did not stop the life," said Alexandru Ionce.

The couple immigrated to Canada from Romania in 1990 and now live in Abbotsford, British Columbia. Their 17 other children range in age from 20 months to 23 years old.

Ionce said he did not know if the couple would have more children. The family now has 10 girls and eight boys.

"We would have liked a boy to be even," he said. "We thank God all of them are healthy and happy."

Ionce said the family has received calls from Germany, Romania and England, as well as from media outlets across Canada.

(I was wondering if you Canadians were trying to catch up with China before the end of the year, or TVs don't work up there):poke:

n/t

n/t

of how much it costs to raise a child to the age of majority. That boy's in trouble. Good thing we live in a liberal country where out tax dollars will look after any inability this fellow has when it comes to holstering his gun. What a great place to live. :wiggle:

there was a black lady in Detroit that just had her 14th child. Her husband was working full time as a welder. They were still getting assistance from the state of about 200 a month, this was many years ago and that was a lot of money.

I will never forget her reply when asked how long they were gonna have kids. She said, "We is gonna keep having chillins as long as we can afford them!" It struck me that they could not afford what they had if they are getting assistance.

I worked with a pipefitter years ago at GM. He was from Tennessee and older than I was. One day he mentioned that he was from a family of 19 kids! That was in the days before much assistance though. I don't know if they raised them for a few years and then sold them or what:surprised:

n/t