Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WM 08- background noise?

ronhob

I hooked up the waterproof Koss headphones to the WM 08 module last night for a brief period. When I linked the module and detector together, it seems there's a mild to medium Buzz in the headphones. I must say, I have a wireless router upstairs above this room, but I did not have time to see if that is the culprit. Has anybody else experienced this? It's sort of like a loud intermittent threshold kind of sound. I will test a little more when I get home this evening.

could it be electrical interference with the WM-08? I' have noticed it a few times but always went away when I plugged in directly or switch to BT phones.

I have not experienced this with the WM-08 and my ear buds

Try different headphones for starters to isolate problems. don't narrow out cell phones for interference. JMO
Jeff

This has happened to me only once, and all of did was turn the wm08
off and then on again which got rid of the hum.

Well haven't had a lot of time to experiment, but if I plug the koss waterproof headphones directly into the head unit, they work perfectly. I plugged another pair of cheap koss eighth inch headphones into the module and they work perfectly as well. Just waterproof koss make the noise when plugged into the module.

Has anyone had success hooking up Killer Bee headphones to their module? This is my ultimate goal. I just don't want to purchase the minelab cable and have that hum. I don't know if the cable will work anyway without a mono to stereo adapter first. Hate to wrap $50 into something that I will regret buying. I will have the koss waterproof phones on directly to the machine while water hunting, just want to hook a better sounding set to the nox while dirt hunting, with out being hooked to the machine. Don't care to go to the wireless set either.

I tried an RCA 1/8 to 1/4 adapter from Menards on the module, and it works with both sets of my killer bees and my black widows.(cost: $1.50)
All three sets of phones have the cross-over switches on them that allow them to be compatible. Much better volume than the Koss phones!
I did have to shave the adapter down so it would fit in the module.
I now feel confident that the Minelab adapter will work on the module.
I would rather spend the extra, as others have said, and make sure the 1/8th plug is secure.
Hate to break the module buy going cheap. ( A lot of extra stress from the length of the adapter plus angled headphone plug)