Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

With Thanks to James and Rick

Dug

Had a hunt today with James and Rick at a local fairgrounds which has been cleaned out pretty well, in my estimation. However, James got there early to get a head start (no wonder he always wins) and found a silver Rosie.

Also, about 15 minutes after I got there, I found a 1936 D Merc. Also, found a few newer coins as you can see. Did dig up some real junk, too. (Sorry, no photo of that stuff). Passed over a lot of newer pennies.

It was an enjoyable hunt and got some good tips from James and Rick. Thank you, gentlemen. Let's do it again.

It was fun to get out and finally meet you Doug. Just wish we could have did better but wait until later this fall. I have some area's that I want to check out and with a little permission, they should be some pristine hunting spots that I doubt have ever been detected before. We will find out later this fall when the harvesting gets going. It was a pleasure to chat with you and give you a few tips on set-ups and such and look forward to getting together with you again. Until next time buddy, Good Luck and HH.:thumbup:

and I very much appreciated your assistance, James, finding that Merc. dime.

For those who weren't there, it was a pretty typical dime signal,:detecting: depth about 4-6 inches. I start digging and James heads over to see what it is. I'm down about 5-6 inches:help: and he uses his probe and locates the target in the side wall of the hole, which was 2 inches deeper than needed.

This is what often happens without a probe; you're digging deeper and deeper and not finding the target, then you finally realize that something is amiss when your arm is too short to dig any deeper, then the hole gets wider and wider. The target is usually found eventually, but too much time is wasted and you've simply lost ground (pun intended). So, I'm getting one of those probes.

Thanks again, James, and happy hunting to you.

I was watching you today and was very impressed how well you know your Explorer and how well you can dig a nice plug and replace it too when done, some of the best I have seen. I seen you have the patience to be a great hunter like James is and know you will go far if you have the time to get out.
I have your X1 probe on order and hope I can get it here soon as i know you will love it and I will let you know when I see it.
Maybe we can all get together at another fairgrounds up north James and myself have been too a few times as there is a guy in Park Rapids I think been wanting for us all to get together. Something to think about and think you will enjoy it.

Rick

It would be fun to give the Fairgrounds another go up north and it would be great to hook up and detect with Dave. We definetly need to do it since time is running out this year to get a chance of detecting with Dave again. Will have to plan something real soon. And better luck next time Rick and hope you can get out and find some stuff for next months meeting. Good Luck and HH to you Rick and also to you Doug and to Dave if you see this also. :thumbup:

You definitely won't have any regrets when you get your probe and start using it. It is the 2nd most valuable attachment to your Explorer other than a smaller coil. I was also impressed with your plug technique and can tell you are going to be a great detectorist when you get more time under your belt with the Explorer. Good Luck too you also and HH and look forward to hunting with you again. :thumbup: