Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Witch coil finds the most goods 10"8"4"

airbrush

I have all three of them,it looks like to me i find more with the 4"coil in parks around here. It may be that its faster pinpointing . What do u thank?

I too have difficulty "pinpointing" by "Xing" the ground. Despite my best efforts and meticulous care, sometimes I eventually find the target 4-5" from the center of the "X."

I have at times taken the BH JR along because it does a much better job pinpointing the target. I have vacillated between getting a 10" to get additional coverage and depth or the 4" to get more accurate indications and be able to get closer to steel bleachers etc.

Mark
Elite 2200

As a rule of thumb. Bigger coils are great for being able to search a large areas faster, and larger coils will generally give you greater depth, but I don't recommend large coils in trashy areas.

Smaller coils are best for pinpointing, and searching areas that have allot of trash.

When I search a large area, I use my 10" coil and mark my hits with wood golf tees on the ones want to dig. When I am ready to dig, I will replace my 10" coil with my 4" coil and pinpoint each hit where I have my golf tee to make it easier to dig up. Plus it allows me to make a smaller plug in the ground.
If there is allot of people around, I don't do this. I prefer to search areas where I am alone.

Happy hunting. :detecting:

On my BH I have a 7" coil right now but I plan on getting the 10" coil. I primarily relic hunt and I want to extra depth. Where I hunt most of the time, I don't have all of the modern trash to worry about.

Doug