Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wiring help needed Excalibur Sea Search coil

goldscavenger

Any one out there with an old excaliburs (horseshoe) type? I need to confirm the wiring sequence of the seasearch coil, It can easily be determined by looking thru the clear plastic tube. I removed my 15

The wiring shouLd go:

RED
BLACK
SKIP NO CONNECTION
GREEN
BLUE
ORANGE

THANKS, RON! :thumbup:
I appreciate you taking the time to post the photo and info. I previously had it wired that way shown in your photo, but it operated erratic so I changed the wiring sequence,thinking I must have wire it incorrectly.
I will try it again IAW your picture, if it still operates erratic I will probably ship it off to see if it is worth while repairing.

I want to change my 10 inch back to an 8 inch. What kind of coil do I use and is it necessary to adjust for impedance??

Any Minelab BBS compatable coil will work. There are also some after market brand coils that fit. If you can't find one, let me know. I had an Excalibur 800 that I took the new 8 inch coil off off and installed a 10 incher. The 8 incher is like new and ready to wire up.