Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

wireless headphones

Lt4ever

I am getting ready to buy a V3, but I would like the forum members pros and cons on the wireless headphones. Let me know what you think of the headphones, and if they are worth the extra price.

Well 1st - they are wireless.
I find them comfortable and the sound is good.
I really like not having a cord when working among brush.
I'm glad I got the headphones - no regrets
If I didn't get the headphones - it probably would have kept bothering me on what it would be like to try them. I didn't want to keep wondering, so I figure best to get them and find out myself.
Haven't really heard much negatives. They can get a tad hot in the hot weather, as other over the ears headphones do for me.

No wires..priceless :)

But I decided to put the extra cash towards other accessories, I don't find the wireless feature to be of any value. Yeah..it's cool, no wires..etc but they're pretty expensive, for a little convenience.

I went with a noise canceling portable headset, that I can use with my ipod, and on the plane, and with a 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch jack adapter works great with the V3.
(for around $40, headset, and adapter jack)

I'm sure this is going to boil down to a personal preference advice column. But that's my 2 cents worth.

I think they're really comfortable and convenient, and I would buy them again. I like being able to lay my detector down and stand up if I want to, and so on. To me, it's definitely a luxury, but it's like any other luxury--once you have it, you can't imagine doing without it. Another positive is that White's worked really hard to get them to work in "real time." There's absolutely no discernible delay in getting the signal to the headphones.

Now, on the negative side, they do go through batteries...but all told, again, I'm glad I have them and would buy them all over if I had it to do again.

Best wishes and good hunting to you!

Mike

The sound is amazing. Way better than my other phones, and my others are good phones. I would buy them again if I lost them.

J

I have had a set of Lanier under chin earphones on my minelab explorer since new, 9yrs.
They are terrific and light but still have that cord!!
I purchased the wireless phones with my V3, I think they are terrific, but HOT in our summer heat.
One pad is starting to fall apart at the stitching, I think these pads are very inferior, have seen posts by others having the same problem..
I will buy a set of Laniers for the spectra..
To hot today for detecting, temp expected to exceed 42 degrees celcius...

Cheers and (many) beers..

Rob.

I am tired of putting down my detector to dig and being tied up by the headphones. Even with the longer cord of the Koss headphones, it is annoying getting it snared on a tree branch.

After I sell my DFX package, the first investment I am going to make is a pair of wireless headphones.

I ended up getting mine for free from KELLYCO I love them not having the cable in the way when I stand up when I lay the detector down. I do agree though, they do eat the batteries, just got to watch for the sales. No sure if I would have paid $250. for them though. They are great and the sound is real good.
AAron

There was trouble with the ear cups. The phones are made by Sony. Whites replaces them for free until they come up with a better replacement.

I've used rechargeable 2500 Energizers in the phones and carry an extra set. I've never gone through more then the two sets in morning to dark hunts. Put them on the charger and you are ready to go the next day.

After you use them it is hard to use the cord again. They are not necessary, but neither is the V. But I wouldn't go back with the phones or detector.

They are great to have and definitely a good solid advancement in tech. One thing that you need to be aware of is to keep that battery monitored as you can do some searching and have covered some ground with borderline falsing happening before you realize it.
Feel kinda stupid then!!

Your best thing to do is try a set . You will be hooked.They are great.My RAT phones are now back up phones. Yazoo

I love mine I run the power on 5 help a little on batt my son and wife are are doing a little hunting with me so I let them use the wireless. While I use the plug-in it make it a lot better on me they here the same thing I do I like my gray ghost for back up if something go wrong with mine I will buy some more

tab-nabit said:
Well 1st - they are wireless.
I find them comfortable and the sound is good.
I really like not having a cord when working among brush.
I'm glad I got the headphones - no regrets
If I didn't get the headphones - it probably would have kept bothering me on what it would be like to try them. I didn't want to keep wondering, so I figure best to get them and find out myself.
Haven't really heard much negatives. They can get a tad hot in the hot weather, as other over the ears headphones do for me.

I agree with all of the above. I was thinking initially of not bothering (and I doubt I'd be able to justify replacing them if they broke) but I love them.

I think everybody who has used the wireless can appreciate them - but you can't truely appreciate them until you leave them home and are forced to used your backup wired set.

I use rechargeable batteries too. I just charge them when I charge the V's main battery. I've never went through the first set in an all day hunt but do carry an extra set in my recovery pouch.

I really like the wireless and changing a couple of alkalines every twenty hours of use is no problem for me. Well worth the extra money.

RacerX said:
I think everybody who has used the wireless can appreciate them - but you can't truly appreciate them until you leave them home and are forced to used your backup wired set.

I use rechargeable batteries too. I just charge them when I charge the V's main battery. I've never went through the first set in an all day hunt but do carry an extra set in my recovery pouch.

That is exactly when I realized how much I did appreciate them! Keep telling myself to get some rechargeables going but haven't done it yet.