Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless headphones for the equinox 600I’ll try different brands of Bluetooth headset headphones

Ferret123

hi all I have tried a different brands of wireless headphones none of them work which are the best to get thank you

You will have the smallest lag time with ML 80 headphones because they have a proprietary connection faster than bluetooth. This is important because if you sweep fast with a slow lag time the sound will be heard over a different spot than the actual target.

I've had no problem pairing up Avantree Auditions, they are a really nice alternative.

Had the same problem with my 600. Ended up buying the module box. I really like it because I can use any kind of headphones.
Summertime I use in ear headphones and winter over ear to keep the ears warm.
I put the box in my vest (hunting vest) then bring the cord up my back and there is no tangle that way.
The response time is perfect.

Kevin3 said:
just got a pair of SR-71 , dont work. junk

Just a point about the Miccus SR-71's. When you turn the headphones on, you must keep pressing the ON button until you hear TWO tones. Many owners just stop pressing after they hear the first tone with leads to a failure to connect!

I like the Nokta Quest. Pairs up nicely, comfortable, quality sound, quality built. So far so good!

the sr-71 mickus headphones are basicaly the same ones yhat come with the equinox 800, they work great

There are 2 connection speeds. The first is Bluetooth. It is what it is and works or it doesn’t. Then there is Wi-Stream. This is Minelabs own concoction, and it’s faster than Bluetooth. For this, you need the wireless module.

No transmitter is needed for the WM-08 receiver module IDX is referring to.

Both the 600 and the 800 have the (same) transmitter built-in .... and can work with either that WM-08 module OR wireless bluetooth phones.

And, both detectors function the same way on power up .... IF WIRELESS IS ENABLED on the detector.
The EQ first looks (for 15 seconds) for the WM-08 module, and if it doesn't see one, it will then look (for up to 5 minutes) for bluetooth headphones to pair to.

This 'activity' is indicated by a flashing wireless icon on the LCD display.

Note that you can easily enable/disable the EQ wireless feature with the wireless button on the upper right side of the display.
(If you don't use wireless, turning the transmitter off will make the battery last longer.)

The detector will remember your last settings on power-up, so you will need to make sure wireless is on, if you want to pair.

I have also used the Miccus SR71 headphones and they work great. Same exact headphone as the stock ML80's