Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless for the 75

CTDIGGER01

Has anyone set up their F75 for wireless headphones? If so what wireless sending unit and headphones are being used. Where did you mount the transmitter and how did you wire it?
Thanks for the Info.
HH

Haven't set up yet but been thinking about setting up via a Bluetooth wireless transmitter. You can get the transmitter from EBay and plug it into your headphone port. Attach the transmitter to the side or best to attach it on the bottom with Velcro, then you just use Bluetooth headphones or Bluetooth ear buds and then your good to go. That set up is the best and cheapest way to go.

-have used it on my F-75 and several other units. There has been no interference with the detectors, or other Z-Lynk unit crosstalk.
And target response is lightning fast, no lag. Over 24 hours on a charge. Got ours from Richard @ Backwoods detectors (check Announcements Forum for all dealers websites)

CTDIGGER01 said:
Has anyone set up their F75 for wireless headphones? If so what wireless sending unit and headphones are being used. Where did you mount the transmitter and how did you wire it?
Thanks for the Info.
HH

I use the Deteknix wireless system on my 75. It's awesome. I haven't tried the wireless Z Lynk combo above yet so I can't comment on it other than the Z Lynk on my Max is flawless.

I tried to build my own wireless with "really fast" bluetooth transmitter and receiver. What a failure. Beeps were heard way after I passed the item.

Tried Z-Lynk and it works like a charm. Is it really, really needed? NO, but I love the convenience of not being tied to the detector. I put the receiver in my back pocket, run the wire up under the back of my shirt or jacket and to my headphones.

Makro Pointer
Killer B Stinger Headphones
Garrett Z-Lynk

Bluetooth must have APTX to have the latency under 40ms.

TaoTronics aptx transmitter and Avantree BT headphones with aptx. About $100 total and works very well.

I am using Deteknics wireless on my Fisher F5 and they work great. I bought the full sized headphones, but you can buy the smaller phones for about 85-90 bucks. I cannot hear any lag, but I don't whip the detector fast. I am slow and methodical with my swing speed.

I did get a wireless system from TaoTronics off Amazon. Transmitter/Receiver one unit for $29.99 I have a set of wireless headphones and some ear buds. Both work great no lag nice crisp sound.
I recommend looking around and save some $$ you can get just what you need for well under $100.
CTDigger01

My vote id for the Garrett Z-Lynk. I have tried several others and the Garrett Z-Lynk is the best for me.