Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Winter Island (ex C.G.Base) PART FOUR Lets.....

Ron J

TAKE OFF!!![attachment 41340 ScannedImage-78.jpg] LETS AD some ROCKETS for a BOOST![attachment 41341 ScannedImage-76.jpg]Note: On an Armistice Day Celebration,a Seaplane such as this,crashed just past the Lighthouse,when two rockets,were set off,too soon,while two other rockets were already pushing! The plane took off,and went nose down into the sea.The crew were killed. This has got to take skill,or you must be abit crazy! What a rush that must have been![attachment 41342 ScannedImage-75.jpg][attachment 41343 ScannedImage-73.jpg] The next two are of newer equipment,late fiftys/sixties?But worth viewing...Notice the lighthouse is RED![attachment 41344 ScannedImage-74.jpg]This is a more current "41" footer.[attachment 41345 ScannedImage-70.jpg] Hope this tour was enjoyable! rj

does seem a shame that they haven't kept up the stonework around the moat,not sure i'd want to fly in a plane called the albatross

left as it was in the days of the Civil War ! All the moat left intact and so on. Never the less, the pics of it's more modern usage c/w the aircraft and hanger and all are history that's fun to view as well. Loved the pic of the seaplane with the boosters on it !:clap:

n/t

post! I hate to see things like this fall to ruin also! But it happens everywhere! I love light houses and this one is really neat. I particularly liked the way you got it in both colors at different times!

I also love rock walls. I am talking to a man right now about how to go about this behind my rose garden between our house and our shop. They add so much charm, but I know they have to be done right. I hope this will be one of my summer projects!

Thanks for sharing all of these, and the history. Very interesting indeed! :)

That island would be an intersting place to prowl around. Thanks for the tour :D