Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WINTER BLUES WITH A NEW DETECTOR

K7JSM

Why did I wait until October to get my new Metal Detector?

Two feet and counting. Another foot tonight....:blink:

[attachment 113925 DSC00036SnowPic.jpg]

I hear ya!! I got my GT about a month ago. It's snow covered and frozen here too. I bought 3 book's on the GT and have been generally reading up on it. Look's like a long winter. Anyway, hope it goes by fast for you. Gary

mascard1 said:
Man I almost started to sweat today ,,,in california!

heehee, the kind consoling type. you sound like me when I am busting up people cause I am going out tomorrow. It'll be mid 30's

K7JSM said:
Why did I wait until October to get my new Metal Detector?

Two feet and counting. Another foot tonight....:blink:

]

Get a flamethrower,heehee. What did you get for a MD? Didn't u buy a used ExII? Seriously though, that must suck getting a new MD and then looking out knowing it;s going to be a long wait before you use it. Be honest, I bet the ranch you have fired it up in the house already?

Ok, now I remember u bought the Safari. Sorry Jeff. I knew the handle looked familiar

That is funny! Yes, I have a snow blower but the front driveway already takes about 2 hours to
blow off let alone the back yard. The snow looks pretty cool as it looks like a blanket layed out
from the back of our home, over the hill and down to the lake below. A person just wouldn't want
to go over the side. There is no coming back up at this point. :)

About an hour ago, the snow in the photo above made it above the level of the kitchen floor. And it's three
steps down to the patio. We have had snow before, but not all at once. This winter
is shaping up to be a white one around here.

Yep, I did get the Safari. Good memory Lonnie. And I guess I will take the batteries out of the
holder so they aren't all corroded before I get to use it next.

You folks have a safe winter. I'm looking forward to posting again from the North next Spring.

:)

Thought you fellows would like to see the newest snow photo a week later. We have
been continuing winter up here in the Northwest. The photo you're looking at is of our
patio table sitting in snow up to the edge and snow almost completely covering the umbrella.

Just for the curious, Washington State is getting hammered with snow this year.
As you can see by the photo. Seems both businesses and homes around the state
are experiencing roof collapses due to the weight of the snow. And now were heading
into a rain storm which is supposed to dump 1-2" on top of the already heavy snow
laden roofs. And of course, the sides of most roads here are so packed with plowed
snow, the drain systems are covered up, which won't allow for rain water to drain off.

Should be interesting.

Spokane is going to get hit hardest tomorrow and were fearing the worst for the
the older homes or businesses who didn't heed the warnings from state officials
to get the snow off the roofs.

We too have been hammered this year with snow in northern lower Michigan, I work at a hotel and we have had ice dams force water into rooms through the ceiling and the water even going from the 2nd floor to the 1rst floor causing even more damage, The rain we had helped ger rid of almost all the snow and ice dams...but winter isn't over with yet. Do like know though that our ground water level will be higher this year...I have a well system.

That is a tough one looking at all that white stuff...but just think of all the old goodies underneath it waiting for you to find them. I hope you have a great 09.

I used to hate the (5) winters I spent in Ellicottville, NY. We got an average of 200 inches of snow a year where I lived. It certainly would give you the cabin blues and the snow plowing service would cost more than I could find in coins during the warm months. I am certainly glad to be back in Texas!

oh now i remember why i moved to Fla...
and i work in north Carolina.....
good luck in the snow,my daughter just started c school there for the navy
and she said its been raining everyday since she got there last week..
but I'm so glad i dint have any snow to plow anymore...good luck..

Where is your daughter stationed?