Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Winter apology

Ol' Frank

I'm sorry about sending all that ice & snow to you good folks back east -- I tried to hold it back, but just wasn't strong enough! That mess is what's left of the storm that dumped a lot of snow in our Colorado mountains. It's still snowing today, with another storm promised for later in the week. Our weather has been terrible lately for flying light planes -- when the temperature isn't bitterly cold, the wind is blowing madly.Unfortunately, I didn't add the cockpit heat option on the Challenger, but most of the cold-weather Challenger pilots in Canada use that. As I recall, even the Canadian Defense Honcho flies one of those! Again, for a good look at that goto:

www.challenger.ca

This morning even Oklahoma has ice problems: When I was at Fort Sill in the late 1940's we had a severe ice storm: My big Indian Chief motorcycle looked as though it were encased in glass, and some power lines and tree limbs were down from the added weight. I'd never seen that before, because it's very rare in this area. Instead, we usually just get a huge accumulation of snow. Just now I brought some filled gas cans in from the shed for our generator, if needed. We're the only people in our neighborhood with a small generator. My advice -- buy one if you can! When our electricity goes out we can still run the baseboard heat boiler's water pump and electronics, and also the microwave and a few lamps. Freezing in the dark isn't an attractive option, so try to stay warm and love one another -- it works real good when done in the proper combination!

Best wishes to all from Ol' Frank in snowy Wheat Ridge, CO

some snow, skip the ice! :lol: Sounds like you are taking good care of yourself. We also have a generator! Learned the hard way a few years back after an ice storm. Today in Arkansas,.......can you believe by five this evening it is supposed to be 78 degrees???? Kinda makes it hard to get into the holiday spirit! :( Stay warm! :)

n/t

Sunny, I'd be wildly dee-lighted to send you all this cold white stuff! I just checked with FedEx and they wanted too much moolah, so it'll have to stay here until it melts. This cold probably won't affect my health -- I'm so skinny that if I ever get sick it would have to be a skin or bone disease. Enjoy your warm weather. By the way, here's a pic of our great-grandson Garrett in Jacksonville, Florida: He's having a "bad hair day!" He really loves pretty women, who put his head on an instant swivel -- yep, he's all boy!

-- Regards from Ol' Frank

it on to Dave and Ron and George. I sorta like to pass it on myself. Raining here in Waterford today, snowing in Roscommon

n/t

When you are out in the sticks, there is really no better protection.

Fair winds

Mikie