Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will the MXT coil work on an M6 ?

Bajanick

The M6 coil is really heavy compared to the MXT`s coil. I have both machines and would like to swap them.

If you have both detectors then you should know you can use the same coils on ether one.:shrug: And they both come with the same 950 search coil, so the weight should be the same.:unsure: I have a hunting buddy that uses the M6 and his stock coil is just like the one that came on my MXT!:buds:

They will interchange with no trouble. My stock coil for my MXT does look different from the newer M6 style coil. My MXT is 4 years old. I don't know if there is a weight difference between the two style coils. Rob

Mine are different.
My MXT coil is very thin and doesnt weigh anywhere near as much as the stock M6 coil. The M6 coil has alot of plastic and has a molded design on top of it. If the coil is the same, whites would do good to simply use the same simple, lightweight design of the MXT.
Thanks.

If you are looking for a new coil try the 10" D2 from Whites. Great target seperation and good pinpointing. And yes DFX, MXT, and the M-6 coils are interchangeable.

I called my hunting buddy {Jim} and he said he did chance his coil because of the weight. I did not know that. I thougt it was the one that came with it. If you are useing your 950 on your MXT and need another one, PM me I have never used the one that came on my MXT and would part with it cheep.:beers:

I think when I bought the mxt, it came with a 9.5 coil that is an older model (flat on top). I cannot find this one on their website but do see the coil that came with the M6 on their website.
What threw me off is they look different and the M6 coil says M6 on the top.
I hooked up the MXT coil to the M6 and it works fine.

Thanks. :)