Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

will I be forumless on findmall?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you can post in Metal detecting forum ,,LOL
Sure has a lot of buttons on it.

Russians like buttons. Hope I figure it out. Manuel hasn't really been translated to English yet. Some parts have but not all.

It looks great...if it works half as good as it looks 'You have a keeper"...

rbholt80 said:
Russians like buttons. Hope I figure it out. Manuel hasn't really been translated to English yet. Some parts have but not all.

"MANUEL hasn't really been translated to English"....there's something funny in there somewhere...

I'll just add this. For the money I paid it was this or a new etrac and my old etrac is still running great. So I got this aka signum MFD
I wonder what MFD means

Metal detector Aka Signum MFT ... Professional, computerized , high-sensitivity , multi-frequency metal detector with original, patented , no analogue

it does have different freq coils and even some you can toggle a switch on to chance between 3 freq.. The next detector they release will have 2 at once.

You need to have a sponsor to have a specific forum at Findmall.
Sponsorship is very expensive.
There are no dealers or distributors in the US.

For us AKA owners, most of us in the US have joined the newly formed AKA forum.
You'll notice a lot of the big names there. Plus we have Stiv who is working on the Signum, Intronik
on the forum. Forum is in English and everything you want to know as to operation will be found there.
Visit my website for the links http://www.treasurelinx.com/aka.html

AKA's are geared to the experienced advanced detectorists, who want a professional grade device.
But is still user friendly to the average detectorists, with the factory preset hunting modes.
The Sorex is the most popular, shorter learning curve and probably be the first AKA model for anyone thinking of trying a AKA.

I like my Berkut 5, have the current 2016 version. It's performance is similar to the Sorex but has an extensive customizable audio section.
What sold me on the Berkut was buying Scott Hughey's older version Berkut.

Well 29 years in the hobby i thought id go for something different. Being an electronics technician iv actually built some simple detectors and done circuit mods on a few of my name brand machines so this AKA Signum MFD should be fun for me. Ill check out the forum you suggested. Thank you.

If looks translate to effectiveness then you've got a great detector.Sounds like a high risk investment to me, sometimes those pay off and sometimes ,well you know.

AKA has been around for some time and not only dabble in metal detectors.
http://www.aka-control.ru/
http://www.akageo.ru/

They are part of a high tech group of companies http://www.spektr-group.ru/en/about/index_en.html

Any detector is a risk of investment but an AKA is not a risk. It's a very popular machine in Europe.
AKA does not need the American market to succeed. Hence no dealers or distributors here. They have no intensions
of setting up either here in the US. That means no sample machines are sent to the top guys here to field test.
So there is not a lot of hype being spread here to make guys lust for one.

There is enough info on the web about AKA metal detectors if your mindset isn't narrow minded, thinking US made products are the best..............
If your willing to look outside the box............you might just find that many features of a AKA detector have been around for years are just finding their way into some other
foreign and American brand made machines. So to me it appears they are ahead in detector technology in many regards.

Russian videos

Berkut

http://yandex.ru/video/search?text=sorex&safety=1

Sorex

Mixed English Videos

Signum

My Berkut finds, gold each day out, first three days I had the Berkut. I was sold.
It works for me.

I'm very interested in how you like the AKA compared to the Etrac. I've been looking for something that is different from the usual offerings and the AKA might fit that niche.

Sven, I see you use the Berkut and also recommend the sorex as a good starter unit. Based on your experience with the AKA and other brands, why do you think the AKA is a keeper over the other units you've tried. Thanks for reply.

First off the Berkut is one of the best ID screen detectors I have used when it comes to locating and ID'ing Canadian clad coins.
Most Id machines have difficulty with the with the coin composition being a nickel plated steel type coins.
The tones are the best I have listened to, they are pleasant, not irritating that get on your nerves.
You can customize the audio dept. to the extreme, way more than most can imagine.
The Berkut is as deep or deeper than the Etrac depending.....
The detector as a whole is customizable to just about any situation and to individual liking, it's one you can make it just to your liking.
You want a Tesoro adjust it so. You want a Minelab, adjust it so. Want a relic machine, or a coin and jewelry machine.It can be what you want it to be within reason.
Download the manual off my website and you'll get the scope of what you can do with it.
Coil frequency 2khz to 25khz. Wide coil selection.
Plus you are able to update your software thru your computer if you computer literate.
The 4 factory preset programs are perfect for the new user if the Berkut. Once you learn how the machine works you can start playing with all the parameters and
extensive sub-menus for all metal and disc modes.
Think the best way to describe the Berkut is its like a high end digital camera with countless menu options. Kind of like driving a Rolls Royce on a Sunday afternoon.

The Sorex menu system is not as extensive from what I can see, perfect for the fist time AKA user as it is also mentioned by others. It runs like a fast sports car on tight twisty mountain roads.
Just an all around faster machine and better in trashy areas. Most get the Sorex.

The Signum is for those that want the fastest deepest machine who think they can use all the horsepower, adjustments have to be more precise to use it.

Anyways, these days I like trying products outside the mainstream. Tired of the same ole stuff. AKA machines seem to bring back excitement into detecting. You actually have the power to control
how the machine behaves and functions.

The Berkut is one I have meshed with, as a target screen ID machine. I like it, many may not.
Added note the Berkut has an interesting hunting mode called analog, it operates like a digital camera that shoot RAW file photos. Completely operates and responds raw mode, unprocessed target signal.
It's up to the user to determine and let your brain process the raw information. Kind of cool.

Not trying to hype or force anyone to buy and try. If you would like to try something different.......take a look at these detectors. Read all you can about them, watch all the videos.....then decide.

The AKA Sorex is a good alternative to the Minelab E-trac, some like the Sorex much better and some may say they like the E-trac better. Personal preference.