Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WIll have a Fisher F5 from Cabellas here tomorrow.....better not be one thing wrong with this one.....again...

snh

I must admit I do not have much faith in First Texas....which would be odd since I decided to order one of the few F-5's in the country.
However I owned one of the very first T-2's and one of the first few F-75's. I ran them through the grind and was sad to see both were plagued with serious defects...especially the T-2...I have owned 4 of them and never had one that worked correctly. Now the F-75 I had to go through 3 until I got one that worked correctly.
So now comes the F5....since I have been a guinea pig before with the FT Fishers I figured why not be the first again.
I hope this time they did not do something stupid like they did with the T2' and rush out preproduction models that are defective just to satisfy Cabelas...which IS WHAT HAPPNENED with the T2. I pray they learned their lesson.
Now all I want to see is if it works correctly...I do not expect a depth demon. I just need a decent coin machine with manual GB..a good TID and tone system and I love that the F5 has the ground phase and FE meter on it. Since I live in Arizona now the ground is very hot in places and these meters will come in very handy.
All I will be looking at is does it function correctly, is it stable, is it built strong enough for normal use....and so forth. Basically does the machine I receive meet up with the pictures and descriptions.
Once I get it,tomorrow afternoon, I will give it a quick run through for any major glaring issues and take some pics and post them so we can compare to what was released.....see if the setup and quality was upheld.
Last I did this because I hate to see Fisher and FT get away with what happened with the T2. Many of us who bought the first releases got screwed royally...FT refused to admit and fix issues at first and I myself lost hundreds of dollars on the first 2 T2's released.
Plus I still think the T2 was a pre release to the 75...and I will never believe otherwise. There is something odd about the the Fist Texas/ Cabelas relationship and how they operate.
Hopefully it will be a great machine. If not it needs to be known up front and immediately posted so people can be forwarned about any prerelease versions. Again this has been a well documented issue with the Cabela's pre relase units from FT. I seriously hope that all is well with the first F5's....I have nothing to gain from testing defective units....actually I get more grief from stating the truth...so I have nothing to profit from lying or exagerations. I just need a good coin unit and this looks promising....from the phot's.
Last I am not so concerened about iwether the F5 is better than this machine or that machine...that is pointless. rather first does it work and is it built correctly. If so I will be going out with it thisSunday to an old home site and we will see how TID works, iron ID, target seperation and basic adjustments.
Scott Az.

Hi Scott.

Hope you are adjusting to the desert ok.

I too, remember the Cabala T2 fiasco. Cabala's had the T2 for sale before I started field testing one. Tom D. had his unit a couple of weeks earlier. I know I went through a couple revisions of test units before it went to regular production and I don't know how many revs Tom had, so I never understood exactly what was going on in the minds of the marketing folks to put one out there like that. Neither did the T2's engineers based upon our conversations. :shrug:

You could well be right about the F-75. I'm sure the F-75 would have come about even without the Fisher buy out. Doesn't matter now. One thing I've learned in the mfg world is that when you are working toward date that is set in stone, you are going to let a few things slip to make the date and play catchup after. The last couple of releases show that First Texas is willing to push the date out rather than let things slip. So we'll see how it goes.

But buying from Cabela's before there is an official release to the regular dealers, I dunno. I thought about it for all of 2 seconds and said no way. :lol: I don't think marketing has really learned anything from the first time, nor do I understand what they have in mind by doing these types of things. Maybe making a catelog date?

Good luck and looking forward to your review. Would really appreciate a online copy of the manual if its possible.

Mike

I just bought a new printer I I think it scans and makes copies....so I can send a PM to you Mike with a copy of the manual. I would post a copy but I don't have a hosting page setup to do so and the files would be too large to post here and compressing them would make the type unreadable....I tried that before.
I do hope it works correctly.....I will be honest and admit...I have no faith it will. However I can't see letting it just slip by and sucker others into it if it is another prerelease fiasco.
I have worked as a Field ENgineer and an R&D Engineering Tech for 22 years now and I have personally been involved in several releases of a product (both medical if you can believe that) that were released with known issues....and they were released for sales to meet a sales deadline, even knowing we had to retrofit ALL models in the field immediate after delivery to fix them. But they shipped anyway and we spent 2 years covering it up and retrofitting the equipment.
So I know how the metality is, shoot I have flipped out during engineering meetings listening to sales and engineers come up with lies and excuses to justify letting the product out the door. Money rules all and if we would jeopardize saftey of humans for profit in a medical device.....shoot...what hope is there for such minor equipment as a detector.
But we shall hope....I do...it is my 500 bucks sitting out there.
Scott

I'M A FISHER MAN MYSELF FOR OVER 10 YEARS,BUT IF I HAD YOUR EXPERIENCES I NOW WOULD BE WITH A DIFFERENT COMPANY.IT'S GREAT TO HAVE YOUR PATIENTS. GOOD LUCK THIS TIME

While I was never a hard core Fisher user..mainly due to my style of detecting...I have purchased probably 4 or 5 new Fishers prior to the FT takeover and to this day the old Fisher was the only new machines I bought that I never once ran into an out of box failure. I have run into quite a few with Minelab, Tesoro and even WHites but never Fisher.

Now to be fair the other 3 sent me new units pronto and never made excuses...which realy is all that matters...just fix it quick and most of us are happy.

Anyway, I always respected the quality of the old Fisher Labs....unfortunately the FT Fisher versions have never come close to that quality. They just have that made in Mexico quality. Which is sad because the F75 is really a great unit in performance, most of the time, and was a break away from the ho-hum detectors, but the build was......El Cheapo...as was their service when i dealt with them.

Again we will see, I got my UPS tracking number a minute ago and it will be here tomorrow. Please oh please.....be what is advertised in the pics....and this time...when i put batteries in ..please turn on and work correctly for say...more than ten minutes:)

Appreciate it Scott. I can get it to people to get it online for everyone to read.

Fingers crossed for you.

Mike

Has the Eagle landed, Scott?

Kind of funny...I tracked it this morning and it was out for delivery at 6:35 AM...then it whent back to the hub and sat and then out for delivery again at 9:05......called UPS and I guess it was put on the wrong truck.
I hope it is delivered by noon as I come home for lunch and will take a quick peek at it. I actually let my son stay home from school as I did not want UPS to leave it on my porch.....Arizona is not like Maine...back in Maine we didn't usually lock our doors when we left....here...shoot..my neighbor has been robbed twice in two years....and we live in a nice neighborhood

Yep how does the wrong truck happen..with all the new electronic tracking..i just hope it dont look like its been punted for a field goa ..l!!

...and it is still saying out for delivery....usually UPS shows up at 6:30 my time...and even though it was shipped overnight express it was probably sent next day air saver which is late afternoon....verses early morning.
Scott

Scott where abouts in AZ are you ?

I lived there for five years when I got out of high school in the Glendale/Phoenix area near the Metrocenter.

Brian

...out in Goodyear....off of Estrella Pkwy and Yuma. I used to live in Glendale off of 67th Ave and Bell Rd just about 5 years ago now. We stayed for 5 months but had to leave due to a job failure.
Scott

Goodyear, if I recall correctly there's an old abandoned air force base out there. Landing strips happen to make great 1/4 mile strips.