Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will any Bluetooth headphones work on Equinox?

they will but "normal" Bluetooth is too slow for metal detecting aptx Bluetooth is like twice as fast as "normal" Bluetooth.

that's hooking up to the wm8 module and would be the fastest wireless , pretty sure no after market on that tech.. technically its not wireless as have to plug in to the module but am working on just a headphone clip on mod with a short lead and then its near Deus like well sort of kinda.

You want APTX low latency (not regular APTX) bluetooth headphones, which are fully compatible with the transmitter in the Equinox. A bunch available. I got the Avantree Audition Pro (make sure it is the Pro which is the low latency version) for $69. Seems to work fine. There are others available, including one brand (can't remember which) someone said was probably the one ML relabeled and supplied with the 800.

I use SoundPeats Q9A+ earbuds with my Nox 600. They're bluetooth 4.1aptx but not specifically Low Latency. I've hunted with them in very trashy environments and I don't notice any lag whatsoever. They were less than $20 on Amazon.

w

Always Curious said:
You want APTX low latency (not regular APTX) bluetooth headphones, which are fully compatible with the transmitter in the Equinox. A bunch available. I got the Avantree Audition Pro (make sure it is the Pro which is the low latency version) for $69. Seems to work fine. There are others available, including one brand (can't remember which) someone said was probably the one ML relabeled and supplied with the 800.

The Minelab clones are the Miccus SR-71 headphones which are actually pretty good headphones compared to the other aftermarket offerings. The Audition Pros are really good too (I have them both), very comfortable, but look like they’re not going to be as durable as the Minelab/Miccus phones.

But any aptx low latency phones will work.

Trond TD-BH01 works great on 600.

Thanks for all the good reply’s. Getting a Equinox 600 so thought I would get wireless headphones for it.

Also consider earbuds that are AptX LL - low latency. I bought some earbids recently (July 2019, SoundPeats FORCE) but they are not LL. Can't really tell any difference in lag or latency.
For the Equinox, I read recently that it will support up to Bluetooth version 4.1 (201:geek: ( 4.2 and 5 might not work so check further if you're thinking about a pair of earbuds or headphones with Bluetooth 4.2 or 5.0.). However, I just bought an Equinox 800 (May 2019) and I'm almost certain it is based on Bluetooth 5.0. So might need to ck your Equinox bluetooth version before buying earbuds or earphones.

Always Curious said:

Miccus SR-71

Update to previous listing:
Any aptX and aptX Low Latency Bluetooth earbuds will work with the Equinox which is based on Bluetooth version 4.1 and optimized for aptX low latency headphones. Under optimal conditions, the latency of aptX devices is 60 msec while the latency for aptX low latency devices is 30msec. Devices lacking aptX are 2-3 times slower (120-180msec). It is unlikely one would notice a difference between 60 and 30 msec. Earbuds with newer versions of Bluetooth (e.g., 5.0) should be backward compatible with the Equinox.

Other things to consider with earbuds is if they're water-proof (e.g, IPX 6 or higher) or water resistant. For example, IPX 7 rated earbuds are water-proof to 3 ft. Also, if you sweat a lot, you'd probably want water-proof earbuds. But there is nothing like Bluetooth earbuds when metal detecting in the summer heat, I just love my pair with the Equinox 800.

I just got the SoundPEATS Bluetooth (Q12 Plus) Magnetic Wireless Earbuds IPX6 (9 Hours Playtime, APTX-LL, CVC 8.0, 10mm Drivers).

They work excellent with the Equinox 800; they pair in 10 seconds, are Bluetooth 5.0 and are aptX low latency and waterproof (IPX6). Best of all, they’re $25.

Important: I also bought the “Amazon upgraded” SoundPeats Bluetooth, Force Wireless Neckband Headset Stereo Bass in-Ear Magnetic Earbuds (16 Hours Playtime, Built-in Mic, CVC 6.0, IPX7) for about $34.

The Force ones work OK but they take one minute to connect to the Equinox 800. Also, the Force SoundPeats have aptX but not aptX low latency. On the upside, the Force SoundPeats have a little bit better waterproof rating (IPX7 vs IPX6) and have longer play time (16 hrs vs 9).

Overall, I would recommend the SoundPEATS Bluetooth Q12 Plus for $25. They pair quickly, are the least expensive and work well with the Equinox 800.

Now back to hunting.

The TROND phones, the Miccus phones, and others, are all extremely similar to the ones Minelab supplies -- a BT-80 headphone is actually what they are called, from the factories that produce them in China. There are non-low-latency versions of BT-80 phones, and LL versions, but the LL versions are very, very similar to Minelab's. Believe it or not, I have a version from a different manufacturer, and while they look identical to the Minelab phones, the sound is actually noticeably better...must be slightly different components, with slightly different specs, used inside the phones.

Lawrence, THANKS for the info on the SoundPEATS earbuds. I am going to get a set...

Thanks,

Steve