Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will a Quick Draw II work well at the beach?

stschott

I will be spending a weekend at Ocean City, MD about a month from now. The low tides are perfect for hunting in the morning and again in the evening. Can I expect success with a QDII in wet sand?

It should work well on dry sand, but in the wet sand, it will false constantly unless you keep your SENS low (9 o'clock to noon)...it will probably chatter constantly in the surf no matter what you set it at...I would stay above the water line and hunt the dry sand...

HH,

I use a lonestar, and have tried it in wet sand several times. If you search in disc. mode, I find that it does okay (though there is still some falsing). Personally, I've found that the dry sand is easier and more fruitful in terms of finds. Yes, people do loose treasured objects in the water...but they also lose objects sunbathing, playing games, shaking out their clothes, or even just sitting around on the beach itself. One thought on the tides, though; if the water retreats significantly during low tide, perhaps parts of the wet sand dry off. There would still be salt in the sand, but in this case, dry is better than wet. Also, if you do hunt mostly dry sand, try hunting in all metal mode. I've found that nickels and some jewelry items can register here, especially in mineralized ground. Of course, if the beach is excessively junk-ridden, then you might want to stick with disc. mode. Good Luck and HH, abcoin.

that detector is the same as the 202 -I've used a 202 at the beaches while living in Fl -dry sand is best-eventho the coil is water proof the rest isn't so its best not to go in water except up to knee deep -use all metal either place-just be careful in water

I would NOT use it in the salt water...The Coil is not that waterproof...If you plan to go in the surf, put some good silicone sealer around the wire where it enters the coil, and make sure it is sealed good against the coil...The Silicone can be removed later if need be, and it will not effect the detector at all.

HH,