Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wild Gold PT2

SurfCutter

We had not been running the dredge very long when 3 Men came down through the woods from up stream , they were dressed in wet suits and after we exchanged Hello's and pleasantries and they went back up stream but not before giving us an invite to see what they were doing . I do not remember if this was the owner or if Sandy knew them , but we worked the dredge and panned this pool. The day got warmer as as time went on and it felt like that small pool was growing to the point were it was as big as the Atlantic Ocean...Looking back on this I wish I had spent more time panning and working along with Sandy and talking, but still some what a kid I soon grown restless and took off to explore the stream. I soon found that the farther up stream I went the pools got bigger and deeper and that there were fish and other critters alone the banks and in the pools . I returned back to Sandy and we started to pack up for the day, and got a look at what the dredge was able to catch .

I was not impressed I did not understand then what I know now , that it was not about how much gold was found but about the other things in life . It was being at this place and time the company the chance to talk about the world or ones self.

After we had all the gear ready to pack out we went up stream to were the others were working and I was surprised to see just how big an operation they had going , at a very large pool they had a dredge set up and a large 6" dredge with hookah rigs to be exact and they had cleared this pool and they were working to clear a boulder and From what they were saying that this one pool had more than paid for the current new equipment they were using and then some...

At the time I felt that the time we spent would have been better used hunting a beach for gold but now older I understand that it was not the gold but all things of the hunt and friendship as a youth I can not say I fully passed this test of understanding until later ..
bill g.

we knew then what we know now, our lives would have been shaped so differently. Still, we have to go thru our "what if's" and "had I's" to make us who we are today! Great story so far, Bill! :)

n/t

Dredging and/or panning is something we Arkansans don't get to do. There's just precious little color in these parts.

That's why I must turn to the beaches. That's where I occasionally find some nice gold--accompanied with a little ice, every now and then.

You guys had a great time, I'm sure. And you know, all that glitters is not gold. The true treasure is the everlasting friendships we acquire. <><

aj

it is the hunt, not the finding that draws me to detecting. It is getting out and really seeing the world we live in and meeting the people.

There is so much we can learn from each and ever one of them, if we listen and keep our eyes open.

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us and yes, that is what it was. An one day adventure but something you will always remember, Now you passed it on to us

n/t