Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wide scan ground balance issue

Oldguy

Anyone have issues ground balancing the 10x12 wide scan coil? On my Tejon it appears to GB fine but move a few feet away and I find I have to turn the GB knob up to one full turn to bring it back into GB. On the stock concentric coil and the 5.75 concentric it takes only 1/8 to 1/4 turn of the knob to achieve the perfect GB from place to place here with the low mineralized soil in northern Ohio. The issue is most pronounced when going from dry to moist soil requiring a full turn or more of the knob to GB the machine. I'm careful not to GB it over any metal, the concentric coils GB beautifully, this wide scan is all over the place. Any suggestions...

I have a 10x12 SEF coil, and I have a hard time ground balancing it on my VAQ. It tends to go silent a few inches above the ground.
Andy from Hillsborough