Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

why tid?

findit

if one is out for coin, jewelry, and relics is tid
really any good. I like to dig everything because i always second guess
myself and say what if. So would a tid machine be pointless, I
understand that the reading could be different depending on the depth
so how does one really know for sure? Anybody have any input on this
not too familiar with tid.:shrug:

Findit, TID must be up to the individual! At one time, I preferred these but over time I have changed my mind . One can get lazy and over depend on the machine's readout too much and inadvertently leave valuables in the ground! Many rings read out as screwcaps or pulltabs, Indian pennies will read out like a zinc penney. Some ladies diamond engagement rings will read in the foil section of the meter! Also some of these machines will ignore the loud blasts which may be large silver coins or rings relatively close to the surface! Now if you know these exceptions and investigate them even with using a TID machine, then I think a person would do GOOD. But only relying on the meter and ignoring some of these areas could be a disaster! We know of a Newbie using a Radio Shack detector found a valuable diamond ring behind someone using an expensive TID machine. The Newbie did not know any better and was digging all good sounding responses! The TID operator thought that it was trash! So much for THINKING!..................HH............Joe

Findit, the target if deep or masked by trash or iron objects may not be a true reading! Trash next to a coin will alter the TID reading so this is why someone digging most of the trash targets will find more of the valuable silver coins or rings since their readings are masked by these trash readings! It is possible to overcome some of this masking using a smaller coil such as a 4 or 6 inch one! They can see better inbetween all the trash objects and see the coins and other valuables that are MASKED!...................HH............Joe