Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why the ETRAC ?

Danno

Guys,

I own a XTerra 705.

I have just come into a little extra cash and can now afford a ETRAC (If I so wish).

Just what is so fantastic about this detector ?

Can I hunt Gold with it as well as the 705 ? Will it give me a better picture of what coins and relics are down there etc etc ?

Why should I upgrade ??

I'd like your opinions please on what this ETRAC can do to improve my success in MD'ing

Danno:)

oh my god how long have you got for me to sell it to you haha well i have been metal detecting in the uk for four years i havent been out very often as i have never found anything of interest i am not one of these people that can tell goodies by tone and so have dug lots of rubbish my main site has been hunted out for years so that was my reasoning behind the lack of goodies and so lack of interest and THEN I BOUGHT AN ETRAC WOW i have such an amazing time and i am totally addicted if you want to use the menu programs just use it and you will find stuff read all you can and watch the many videos people on here are always ready to give you advice but i have found a badge from the crusades in the middle of an iron infestation coins and foot patten that people used to wear in boggy conditions the land has opened up to me and is like a new site the etrac has great strengths one of which is depth second finding good items in trashy conditions the main thing is that it can be programmed to meet the individual operator and field conditions you would not be dissappointed as i am totally gob smacked with its performance if you have any questions just write them on this forum and someone will answer you it is amazing and when the snow goes i will be out there again happy hunting whatever you choose to buy

I felt the same way you do a while ago. I had the X-Terra 70 and loved it. What convinced me was reading Andy Sabisch's book about the Explorer & E-Trac. The book is interesting to read and will explain everything about both those machines that you need to know to make an informed decision. It's Winter anyway.....you need a book to read.

Where you at????--If you're in OR, the Etracs NO GOOD!!!----We don't need NO MORE Etracs out here!---They're SO GOOD, They've cleaned out about everything good in my favorite huntin grounds out here!---How's that for a recommendation?-----------Signed, Del from guess where--(OR)

Well I'd agree with everything thats been posted in response so far .... but don't expect it to be as good as the 705 for gold hunting if you're talking about nugget shooting because it aint.
The porspecting mode on the 705 is a real dedicated gold nugget program that the Etrac can't compete with on nugget finding.
Otherwise ... the Etrac is all that and then some.

I had the x-70 for about a year and a half and my local minelab dealer told me I'd do better with an etrac. I thought he was nuts, how could I do better? I was doing quite exceptonal with the x-70 and thought the upgrade would be a waste of money. But come tax time this yr the wife told me to go ahead and get the etrac...........so I did and I have NEVER looked back, it is an amazing machine and I wish I had gotten it a year earlier!

the number one thing I think I do better with the etrac over the x-70 is finding coins in heavy iron, this machine in TTF (two tone ferrous) it literally KILLER, no coins are safe with the etrac in your hands! I hunt fields and old farms most all the time, so I needed a machine that could find stuff in heavy iron and the etrac is THE machine just for that! It is amazing on deep coins, and for me it is an indian penny magnet. :clapping:

Thanks all,

I'm off to the Detector Shop.!

Danno:)

What do you think he's gonna get??? Oughta be back pretty soon...:detecting:

Danno - I to was a owner of a X-terra 70. Owned and hunted with it for four years. It was a good machine, found many nice coins with it including, Wheaties's, Indian Heads, and several silver coins. I never hunted gold nuggets with it as there just aren't any in Illinois to hunt. Depth was good with it but because of a sever hearing problem I decided to try to find another machine I could hear the different tones with.

Did some reading on line about the E-Trac and decided to find a dealer where I could personally listen to the machine before purchasing. I drove over 200 miles to the closest dealer, and man was I shocked at the difference in those two machines for the audio I could hear. I had to use a preamp to even hear the X-terra 70, I sure didn't need it for the E-Trac, and that was only the beginning in huge differences between the machines. The depth on this E-Trac is like nothing I've ever used. I have found coins 10 inch's deep and on edge and not only could I hear it but it was LOUD and clear. I have as yet to dig a coin no matter how deep that was a weak signal.

The machine is the best Nickle machine I have ever owned. I never dug a single Nickle with the X-terra 70. Iron is never a problem as the Iron Mask really knocks it out. If I dig a nail I recheck the hole because you can bet there's another target in the ground with it. I love the Quick Mask option because if I have a broken or iffy signal a quick check of the Quick Mask will tell me if it's iron or a good target. That alone is a great feature and a back saver.

I could go on for hours about the great features this E-Trac has to offer, but the real point is there just isn't any comparison between those two Machines. You won't be sorry if you purchase the E-Trac. It worth every penny I paid for it. Rick (IL)

i've only used a se before buying the etrac....this year alone my partner and i have found over 35 colonials. including one cents and reales....earliest coins i think is 1714....a gold bracelet bangle from an 1831 cellar hole filled with iron and a 1814 half bust and a silver dollar....cant remember the date...never mind the colonial buttons.....have a suitcase full of those....lol....i love making new paterns and trying them out.....buy andy's book...study history and buy an etrac...than have a ball collecting all the goodies everyone else left behind.....ginger

Danno,

That is a great question. There are A LOT of other detectors out there. A LOT of GOLD detectors out there.

Why are you considering an E-Trac?

Rich -

well he has probably read the posts above from happy etrackers they are not salesman selling him a machine they are owners with first hand experience of the fun and success they are having with this incredible detector so that might answer your question happy hunting all of you