Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why is everything such a secret?

WoofWoof

We all paid good money for a Deus and what does the manufacturer or distributor do for us? Keep us guessing about a mythical update? Make us interpret a French website? Why can

Production and release dates are hard to hit. If they release a date and miss it all heck breaks loose. Waiting is very frustrating. I'm with you on that. But this update should not be rushed. I'm done for the season. Winter is here. I want a great release and I'll wait for it.

Yes, it will be much better if they get things right the first time by not rushing them. It is a lot more aggravating when things come out and don't work right and have to be sent back.

XP would do well to tweak their customer relations to address the American market. There are a lot of potential customers here.

I would love to see some of their other models hit the the States. It's unusual for us to have a back seat when it comes to merchandise. But what ever gets released for the Deus ( W4 headphone adapter, new W5 headphones, 11 inch coil, and V3 update) will all hit Europe first. In fact I can no longer find a retailer for the large coil adapter.

I did see someone post the W4 headphone adapter in this forum. They said they were in Europe. I really would like one of those.

You gosh darn skippy there! Theres some money to be spent on this side of the pond! A fellows got to feel comfortable to part with it though. You posters on this forum are doing an admirable job, keep it up..still thinking,
Mud

This is exactly what I'm going through trying to find the Norfolk Wolf DVD. They don't want to ship from England to the US. Still looking.................

Goodmore, I emailed XP about that adapter and was told the retailers over here should be able to get them soon. Like you, still waiting for one of our dealers to get them.

Found info on french web.

Apparently the version 3 will be ready for the end of January.
The Norfolk Wolf DVD don't take about the Deus.
For the headphone,ther is a nice XP set $75.00 on Eb..

I would have thought the update would have been released by now too. There is not much getting posted here any more. I like mine Good for digging throught the nails and picking a few good targets out. Like it on the dry sand at the beach too. Beer caps there are a pain though hard to tell them from a quarter the deep ones any way. Heard rumors this may be changed in the new release. The CTX had some beach water problems in some places and a quick release to fix it came out. Seems it has been forever on this V3 release kind of like you getting tired of waiting.

Jason

Jason in TN said:
I would have thought the update would have been released by now too. [...]. Seems it has been forever on this V3 release kind of like you getting tired of waiting.

Jason

"By time and toil we sever
What strength and rage could never" ... :beers:

V3 will come soon, you've got to be patient, as everyone does, but the V2.0 is still efficient and over the top of all other MD on the market, I've you ever seen such a reactivity anywhere else? Enjoy your V2.0 during this month :twodetecting:, it's gonna be fine :detecting::thumbup:

treebeard said:
Jason in TN said:
I would have thought the update would have been released by now too. [...]. Seems it has been forever on this V3 release kind of like you getting tired of waiting.

Jason

"By time and toil we sever
What strength and rage could never" ... :beers:

V3 will come soon, you've got to be patient, as everyone does, but the V2.0 is still efficient and over the top of all other MD on the market, I've you ever seen such a reactivity anywhere else? Enjoy your V2.0 during this month :twodetecting:, it's gonna be fine :detecting::thumbup:

I will agree that for some uses it is better than most but in other places it falls short. There is no perfect detector but I am always looking for it. Just seems there has been talk of V3 for a long time and we have not saw or heard much I do remember the before the end of the year thing. now here by end of Jan it may be some time in march before the ground is soft enough to dig. Just a little frustrating.

XP has an exclusive USA distributor based in MA: metaldetector.com

You would think they would have the latest info...

I was so fed up with having to toggle through the programs to get an all metal running on the same kHz.
I hated not having decent windproof headphones.
Bothered by the TID not going as deep as the audio.
Pain in the behind with only 4 tones and crown caps.
Non motion was a fuss to set up, etc, etc

It detected like a citroen. Does amazing things when everything is set up wright.
But boy are they a pain to work on!

So I sold my Deus V2.

Now V3 is coming out, who knows maybe they have made it a little user friendly.
Because when out detecting I want to find decent stuff AND enjoy myself doing it.
Lets face it we aren't finding King Solomons treasures so you want the product to be spot on!!

I wish I could be in US actually (I enjoy so much your country !) to see how you guy are detecting, because sometimes I don't really understand how you can't (and I quote) "find decent stuff AND enjoy myself doing it" ;
what is a daily hunting according to you? do you really need to go deep even very deep to find good stuff? do you have trashy areas everywhere? what kind of spots are you detecting, are you going, as in Europe, accross the fields to detect?
I really want to better understand the way you're living the same hobby than mine.

Regards :)

treebeard, good questions! I am wonder too...

it has to dovetail with other stuff theyre working on for the deus ,they dont sit on their hands like US brands who do nothing for years and years .
the electronics memory has little room for additions so its a hard job i guess trying to juggle the programes ,then it has to be moved onto the website and work infallibly for a global customer base ,not easy to do without making mistakes .
try getting a online software upgrade for US models :confused:

My hunting with the Deus was dry beach, camping sites, fishing spots and old parks.
In search of jewelry, modern spendable coinage and my prefered hunting for post 1830 silver Belgian Francs.
We do have Roman fields and middleaged fields abundant here.

But I'm just simply not the field detecting kind of guy.

When hunting an old park, you are looking down for those deeper older coins. The detector needs to be able to handle a lot of dirt in the signal.
So acurateTID to the limit of its detection depth is a must!
Why, well because you need a pretty good excuse to go digging 7-9" deep in a manicured park!

Hunting a beach, camping spot or fiels you are continually in a windy environment.
Sens set too high and the Deus starts just like any other VLF low conductor falsing.
To set Sens just below max you need to be able to monitor these low conductor falses continually and set sens on the fly.

Also when you've found a target you want to be able to push a single button and get an all metal reading with a tone you adjust to you're own hearing.
Maybe I'm old fashioned but there is an awfull lot of info in a raw allmetal reading of a target.

When field detecting for relics forget discrimination. Just loose the iron and dig everything. Nobody cares about 5 holes more or less, just cover up nicely.
A simple prospecting machine does the trick.

So when you add discrimination, notch, reactivity, etc, etc to a machine and ask a premium price.
You'd better make sure it is able to deliver above all other discriminators out there.
Because wireless is great, but easily forgotten when it doesn't deliver in the other departments.

Maybe I'm spoiled having compared it to other high end detectors.
Don't worry I've got gripes about the other high end detectors as well!!

Awaiting the official V3 release and looking forward too seeing how they've made it better.

Treebeard and ferner;
I will tell you about the type of hunting that I do. I hunt ghost towns that are full of metal and Deus fast with minor adjustments does a good job. I also like to hunt old home yards, and there is also a lot of trash in these yards as well. Targets that are in grass sink very fast from daily watering and heavy foot traffic so in this situation a deep seeking detector is needed with a dependable VID to avoid digging trash. You need to remember that here in the USA, we are a young nation and don

My opinion on the Deus update, maybe we are in the dark because XP hasn't perfected the update yet and maybe not, and maybe they don