Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why I like Tesoro the best

metalfun said:
Thinking of going with Tesoro myself.I will divorce my ace 250.But what the heck she was'nt always faithful.:rofl:

Not good look'in either, cut her lose. Wait till you see Tesoro's Cazadora

addon.php

Sure beats the Garrett Beach Babies

I agree that "beep and dig" detectors have their place. But let me give you and example where they are almost useless. My detecting buddy and I were in a big football field near Seattle Wa. There were targets literally everywhere, many many of them were coin targets......useless mainly copper 1cent coins.If there were this many targets, lets refine the search I thought to myself, so I went back and took out the Deleon.........my goal was to not waste time guessing target id's and digging common ( as my buddy did) clad. There must be better stuff here. My goal was to dig nickel targets only..............there were plenty of them. While my buddy using the Silver Sabre dug pennies,quarters and various other junk targets that " sounded good" he ended up with $3.45 in coins, and a couple of links from a silver chain. He dug three times the holes i dug.....had to spend triple the time refilling those holes... in the end I got......are you ready (honest no B.S.) three gold rings!!!!!!!!! I also found lots of pulltabs but I was able to seperate out alot of them by the use of the target ID. At the end of the hunt I had one 10K and two 14K rings, all about mid size and could be clearly differentiated on the meter from bothersome coins and some pulltabs. I spent my time much more productivly than he did..........my payoff was much greater. To console my buddy i treated him to lunch...after all it was his Deleon... the one he rarely uses because he can tell almost all targets by sound...LOL LOL That's why I'm hoping for a new Tesoro Target ID detector, especially one that does not have a preset ground balance.

[size=medium]Light weight, easy to use, dependable build, lifetime warranty, very fair price and has been
known to find things that other detectors left behind. Now that is innovation!

I own three Tesoro's and I will try another brand as soon as they catch up with Tesoro.
Even the least expensive and simplest detector Tesoro makes has a big fan club.

I don

Ivan said:
I agree that "beep and dig" detectors have their place. But let me give you and example where they are almost useless. My detecting buddy and I were in a big football field near Seattle Wa. There were targets literally everywhere, many many of them were coin targets......useless mainly copper 1cent coins.If there were this many targets, lets refine the search I thought to myself, so I went back and took out the Deleon.........my goal was to not waste time guessing target id's and digging common ( as my buddy did) clad. There must be better stuff here. My goal was to dig nickel targets only..............there were plenty of them. While my buddy using the Silver Sabre dug pennies,quarters and various other junk targets that " sounded good" he ended up with $3.45 in coins, and a couple of links from a silver chain. He dug three times the holes i dug.....had to spend triple the time refilling those holes... in the end I got......are you ready (honest no B.S.) three gold rings!!!!!!!!! I also found lots of pulltabs but I was able to seperate out alot of them by the use of the target ID. At the end of the hunt I had one 10K and two 14K rings, all about mid size and could be clearly differentiated on the meter from bothersome coins and some pulltabs. I spent my time much more productivly than he did..........my payoff was much greater. To console my buddy i treated him to lunch...after all it was his Deleon... the one he rarely uses because he can tell almost all targets by sound...LOL LOL That's why I'm hoping for a new Tesoro Target ID detector, especially one that does not have a preset ground balance.
RIGHT ON! The right detector for the right location. I had a ball with my Compadre today-in a slightly trashy area. When I get out to where the trash starts-and I mean screwcaps, tabs,etc=out comes the Ace w/sniper coil. Which brings up another point=the RIGHT coil can make up for a lot of mistakes on an ID machine.:pulltab:

The selection of coil can make all the difference on any detector:thumbup:

slingshot said:
Ivan said:
RIGHT ON! The right detector for the right location. I had a ball with my Compadre today-in a slightly trashy area. When I get out to where the trash starts-and I mean screwcaps, tabs,etc=out comes the Ace w/sniper coil. Which brings up another point=the RIGHT coil can make up for a lot of mistakes on an ID machine.:pulltab:

I am also hoping the new Tesoro in the works is a Target ID detector that does not have a pre set ground balance either . Tones and light weight would seal the deal .Otherwise I will just stay with what I have . There's nothing else out there currently that interests me or I feel I need to have .

Here's the thing about preset ID detectors that most people don't factor in: you're gonna be in TRASH and depth is not a concern. That's why I have no problem with preset g/b. I don't know of any ID detector that won't reach at least 5" in the ground. Even my 20+ year old Royal Sabre does that. I woulda been happy with the Golden-I just got the Ace first. If the Castadoor -or whatever crazy name they gave it-has preset g/b, I'd be fine with it.

Sven said:
metalfun said:
Thinking of going with Tesoro myself.I will divorce my ace 250.But what the heck she was'nt always faithful.:rofl:

Not good look'in either, cut her lose. Wait till you see Tesoro's Cazadora

addon.php

Sure beats the Garrett Beach Babies

Okay,,, where do i sign up for tesoro:crazy::spin:

Slingshot............I can see you have not detected much on the Western side of the Rockies. I've detected in Washington State,California and as Monte will tell you in Oregon where you'd be lucky to get one to two inches in depth, on a good day. I've come across parks where I had a hard time detecting a coin.... on the surface!! Manual ground balacne in these areas is not a luxury....it just makes your detector "useable" .

Having a Tesoro detector that has an ID feature that can be turned off or on totally up to you. A machine that has multiple frequencies at the flick of a switch, low, medium and a high frequency. Lets throw in a water proof control box too just for good measure. One day when a company comes out with a picture perfect display of the target on a detector is the day it will rule all others, no tones, no number display just a perfect clear, crisp image of the target showing exactly what it is in color. Can't wait.
Cheers!

Lets have a look at all this ............
Tesoro is in the state of Arizona, Mountain state.
Tesoro is sold along the Pacific 3 States.
Tesoro does sell a excellent gold detector. Mountain state.
Tesoro has a large fan base, Pacific 3 states, who would argue the above statements.
Tesoro has a large $$$$$$$$$$$$ market in Australia, You people talk to their distributor, tell them Tesoro is no good.
Tesoro is sold in the U.K. which is known for their harsh, iron infested soil. Still a strong following.
Lets not forget the Pea Gravel in Oregon, So tired of hearing that phrase, Tesoro has no problem.

Just think people, Tesoro does all of that with out a meter or multi tones........My-My-My.....