Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why does'nt Kellyco carry Tesoro detectors?

Digitalmoto

I remember going to their warehouse in FL about 10 years back and asked them that same question, but got the run around. I also just recently emailed them requesting a catalog with the question: Why does'nt Kellyco carry Tesoro detectors?
Response was...... We don't carry Tesoro!

Does anyone know? They carry all the othe major brands but not Tesoro.......(???)

I could be wrong but I think it might have something to do with KellyCo being able to buy in very large quanities and wanting Tesoro to "cut" the price for them. This wouldn't be fair to the smaller dealers & Tesoro being the great company they are wants to be fair with everyone. Like I said I might be wrong but I have read about this subject before, nothing against KellyCo, I have dealt with them years ago & never had a problem. Steve.

Well, I found this surprising. I just sent another email (Is there a reason you don't carry Tesoro detectors??) and got this response:
Sir, I have been told that the owner does not feel that it is A quality machine.

I own a Tesoro Toltec100 which was at one time their top of the line detector back in the early 90's and it's still a decent machine! I also have nothing against Kellyco, it's going to be where I buy my Xterra70 soon, but I just find that response they gave me rather strange.

Kellyco is peeved at Tesoro because Tesoro will not let them have a dealership.

Why don't you call James at Tesoro and ask him the same questions. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

charge extra for the lifetime guarentee. Tesoro put a stop to it and will not sell to Kellyco. Don't know for sure if this is true. :shrug:

had a falling out with gifford the owner of tesoro many years ago!..jack didn't like the way kellyco wanted to market tesoros!

(h.h!)
j.t.

i fell down on the floor laughing at that comment!..tesoro is one,if not THE best made detectors built!..

(h.h!)
j.t.

jack gifford is a true proffessional,and wants his beloved detectors marketed correctly and for a fair price!..nothing wrong with that strategy,as the man has pride,and wanted to keep the detectors value at a certain price point!..it's just GOOD business if you DON'T cheapen the product over time!..smart man!

(h.h!)
j.t.

The best thing we can do is to email both companies and tell them they'll make more money if they cooperate!
I will do so right now.

Well guys ive read all the posts regards why a company does not sell Tesoro.
Why don't we stop arseing about and ask a simple Question, i have a large ball of string how long is the string ???.
Bottom line who knows, in Australia more dealers than you can poke a stick at dont stock Tesoro so answer this Why ??
1 are Tesoro crap detectors ???
2 Are other brands better than Tessoro ???
3 Could the answer be the little guy verses the big Guy.???
4 Am i a total idiot because i have a Vaq? And love the detector ??
There must be more than 1 x Company in the USA who do not stock Tesoro Detectors ?????
Could JFK been shot with a Tesoro ????
Is it true that Lee Harvey Oswald had a Tesoro in his car ??

See Ya Guys
Dave/Holey Dollar

it was over kellyco's inhouse warrenty for tesoro, i purchased an eldorado during this period and was offered this warrenty by kellyco. after mailing in my regular in box warrenty card to tesoro, i received a call from them, anyway i gave them the info that i had and it wasn't long after this tesoro pulled their products out of kellyco. im sure there were other issues involved, but the warrenty issue was a big part of their fallout.
hh, bob n.

Howdy Y'all

Who cares if Kellyco dont carry the Tesoro brand, I'd Rather buy from a smaller local dealer who is a detectorist and maybe able to help you on a one on one basis. If you are lucky and pick the right local dealer who is a hobbiest,they could really shortin your learning curve! HH............Hombre

[quote jmaryt]jack gifford is a true proffessional,and wants his beloved detectors marketed correctly and for a fair price!..nothing wrong with that strategy,as the man has pride,and wanted to keep the detectors value at a certain price point!..it's just GOOD business if you DON'T cheapen the product over time!..smart man!

(h.h!)
j.t.[/quote]

Well said, kellyco really wanted to carry the Tesoro line and this goes way back if I'm not mistaken, I've never dealt with kellyco so I can't say anything about their principals, customer service etc. But I have dealt with Tesoro and it was a great experience, I've owned several Tesoro machines some bought new and some bought used. Only had a problem with an old Lobo that I bought used, I talked to Rusty (don't know if he's still there) anyway they fixed the problem, no charge. Sometimes your beliefs and principals in what you do in life and what you do in buisness and your love of the buisness and the hobby take precedence over the almighty dollar, hats off to Jack and everyone at Tesoro!

All I can say is I Love My TEJON, and the fact that my local dealer has 40+ years hands on experience really helped me learn about the quality of a :tesoro:.
He went into detail about the machine and if I had a question , he is right there.

IF THEY WEREN'T A GOOD QUALITY MACHINE , DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD BE AROUND LONG HAVING A LIFETIME WARRANTY

yes!..you arre correct!..thanks for jogging my memory!..kellyco wanted to offer a different warranty,and jack said forget it,and pulled the plug!..proud man!

(h.h!)
j.t.

only if he could get it to shoot from the right end!

(h.h!)
j.t.

as jack was fond of saying!.."that's one on me"!

(h.h!)
j.t.

I Do Agree.TESORO ARE Low Cost Machines And Have Produced(for me)The Cost Price 1000's of Times Over.
I had/have Other Machines too,BUT,It is Always The Tesoro I pull out,To Stop The Finds DRAUGHT.Strange,or what?
I am Detecting Since It Startet(1970's),Fieldmaster,Arado,Whites,Etc Etc.
My 2 ALLTIME FAV's ROYAL SABRE and SILVER SABRE PLUS.
The Great Thing With TESORO,They Cater For me.I am getiing Older and The Machines are getting Lighter.:clapping:
Good Hunting To All.
Astor