Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why Did Tesoro Do This???

candycane

Why did they go from a 10 turn ground balance to a 3 3/4 turn ground balance.

Makes it easier for us to GB.many people have trouble with the full 10 turn ground balance. Detectors also do not drift like they used to do.
And once set, in your area it's not that big a change from place to place.

Don't know why but the 3 3/4 turn on my Tejon works well for me. My other brand detector uses 1 turn and it ground balances well too.
tvr

A stab - cost?
Higher resolution GB pots for gold detectors fine tuning capability.
my .02 snap off the top of my head

But the lower right hand corner that the larger 10 turn would fit is used for the pinpoint switch. Natural position for the thumb. And the right side is used for the disc. control for easy thumbing. I think they cheapened out as they could have just added the pinpoint (toggle)switch under the handle like a Tejon. The 10 turn pot is probably generally costs between $12-26.00 now depending upon the brand and the 3 3/4 turn only cost a few bucks.

But, like Monte says, the 3 3/4 turn pot is smaller and can be placed in any location on the board and 3 3/4 turn pot works just fine.

Unless your particular and want super fine adjustment.