Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who says there's no humor amidst the storms in our lives ? :smile:,,,,,,

As most of you regulars here already know, my Gracie went thru quite an ordeal with her illness and surgeries last year. These bumps on life's road tend to change the way we think and approach matters and we're always keeping a cautious eye out, as would be expected given the circumstances. Over the past couple of weeks, Grace, who is always hoping but rarely doing what's required :lol:, was relaying to me that she's "really" been shedding the pounds lately. Have you noticed it Rob ?..........ummm....yeah, you're lookin' great. How much you lose ? Well......I'm down to such and such. Good going ! Keep it up. :thumbup: Mind you,....she's always looked good to me anyways. Was never a 'twiggy' and wouldn't look right if she was. :shrug: Well, as fate would have it, her reporting pattern repeated itself a couple of more times throughout the following week with me returning the expected reply. ;) Two days ago, while I was at work, I get a phonecall from my bubbling bride asking me to pick up a few things from the grocery store on my way home. At the end of that brief conversation, she relays again to me that she has lost five more pounds in the last two days !! I'm detecting a bit of concern in her voice and trying not to sound the alarm bells that were now ringing in my head. Hmmm......are you sure, I asked ? Of course I'm sure. Would I be telling you if I wasn't ?? You see folks......Grace prides herself with her latest scale purchase that she keeps safely hidden under our bed. She slides it in and out on her nice pretty mat Well, said I.....have you tried the scale in different locations ? Make sure it's on level floor and make sure you remove the mat from underneath. I'll call you back in ten minutes. Alright !.....but I've already tried it more than once..........call me back. I'm trying not to worry unneccessarily for ten minutes but I was a bit concerned, naturally. I dial our number and Grace picks up the phone......it's quiet for a second or so before I ask.......how'd you make out ? You were right, comes the reply......I got much higher readings. Ohh......what were they I asked ? WHY WERE YOU TELLING ME THAT I LOOKED LIKE I WAS LOSING SOME POUNDS WHEN I ACTUALLY GAINED A COUPLE ??? I'm not sure what was greater........my relief or my laughter. :rofl: Gotta love these women, don't ya ? :lol: I'll always be thankful that she and I have always found room and reason to laugh at ourselves. What's life without that ? :)

That was close Rob. You could have told her it was the clothes she was wearing that made her look thinner. Or you could have taken the scientific approach and told her "its a scientific proven fact that some weight gain after illness and surgery seem to be undetectable because its a internal thing and will even look like weight loss in certain areas of the body." If she wants the scientific proof then your in trouble. You could say "I read that somewhere" or you could say "Bubba said so" but I don't think thats gonna work.LOL

Bubba2

n/t

what questions you should just refuse to answer. !!

I'm gonna have to plead the fifth on that one sweetie. :rofl::rofl:

n/t