Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

who me

markg39

i am not a christian,but boy do you lot have some good songs....we will dance(winds of worship) don fransico.... the live worship cd,s i have heard are really good

Why are you not a Christian?

I am not going to try to tell you how to say some words and then tell you that you are saved because it is more than that. I will tell you this: God respect's honesty. He will not be offended if you ask Him an honest question, He delight's in interaction.
In your own way ask Him this: "Jesus, if you really are who you say You are, if you are really there... show me". You cannot believe on someone whom you have never met. Be aware though that if you do this... He will reveal Himself to you, and in a very personal way, unique to you, for He is not an idea, He is not pie in the sky... He is a very real and very personal, very present God who is absolutely amazing. His Holy Spirit will speak to your heart... calling you and if you answer you will never be the same again, (and that is a good thing).

You will begin hear personal things in those songs, you will pick up a Bible and read something that speak's straight to your heart... right where you are right now. Yes, He is real. Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship and you can take it as far as you want.

I cannot describe an encounter with Christ to you because it is so personal that it is different for everyone.

You will see...

Julien

Ask Him to show you... if you want to know. I sense that He is calling you.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope we see more of ya! :)
God bless!

:) You did good!

I had to search what lurchers and lamping were :) Definitely not terms I hear on Long Island in NY :lol:

Welcome to CMD. About the music... before I became a Christian, I started going to a church with my wife. It was "interesting" and I actually enjoyed it althought it wasn't "personal" to me at that point. Well, one Sunday the Pastor gave me a tape (it was a long time ago :) )by a guy named Michael Card. (he knew I was a musician; guitarist) I have to tell you that it nearly burned a hole in my pocket on the way home :) Christian music? I don't think so. I wasn't going to listen to it but I was afraid he'd ask me some questions about it and I didn't think it would be right to lie to the Pastor... So, I gave it a listen. There was a song on it called "The Nazarene". He fingerpicked the song, my kind of style and I was really drawn to it. I knew I could play it like he did, so I started practicing it. Of course, if you want to learn a song, you have to learn the lyics. To my surprise, the lyics were very good. Quite a few weeks later, my Pastor invited me to dinner over his house. His wife, who played guitar and was involved in the music ministry, pulled out her guitar after dinner. She said she wanted to play a song that she and the Ass't Pastor's wife were going to do. What song does she play? The Nazarene :) I said, " Hey, I know that!" and I played, sang and she sang harmony. She looked at me and said, "You play it just like he does!" "Would you be interested in doing a trio?"

Needless to say, the next thing I knew I was doing a trio with the two Pastor's wives :) Soon after that, I found myself involved in the music ministry. I reallize now that God drew me in through music. If you are getting that "kick" from the music you're listening to, I'd say someone's knocking on your door. Open it up and see who's there. Your life will never be the same :)

What are you still doing up my friend?

:)

Vicky and I met up with some people she me on the internet (kinda like us :) ) and we went to the opera. (my 2nd this year). It was excellent! At the Metropolitan Opera house they now have the subtitles on a small display on the chair in front of you. It's pretty cool and makes it so much easier to understand what's going on (since it's in italian). We were at the opening night of "La Traviota". The soprano was Renee FLemming... very famous in opera circles. What an amazing voice :) The music, sets, and costumes were outstanding. We all had a great time :)

n/t

As Christians, there is only one reason we have such good music, it is our God. First, God (the Father) proved His love to us through the death and resurrection of His Son Jesus. That sacrifice was made to make it so we could be back in 'rightstanding' with God the Father. Long (loving) story shortened. We return the love we have to God because we want to please Him and thank Him for all He has done and continues to do for us. Not only that He also gives us talents and skills - one of these is being able to play musical instruments. Having such a gift is great and playing music is fun and rewarding in itself but we get even greater pleasure by showing our Father how much we appreciate Him by praising Him and worshipping using those talents. Just makes sense to be thankful for the gifts He gives us. Those who are thankful find themselves given more gifts and talents.

I do not consider myself a 'musician' but I have started to not just listen to music others have made, or just singing along to them but I am learning to play musical instruments (Suzuki Q-Chord, Casio electronic keyboard - piano, and maybe even the church's electronic drum kit one day). We serve a wonderful Father and Jesus is our Lord.

I am glad you find the Christian songs you have heard to be uplifting. Enjoy the music as we also benefit from it as it raises our spirits too and helps to strengthen us.

Stick around and let us know what you find with your metal detector as well. BTW what state do you call home? I'm in upper lower Michigan. God bless you and yours.

our God is everywhere :thumbup: