Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who likes CCR?..............:video:

n/t

n/t

If I could only tell the memorys CCR brings back.........17 years old ....a 1963 Chevy truck with a new 8 track tape player with a new CCR tape playing while parked in the moonlight on a dark logging trail......a bottle of Boones Farms Strawberry Hill......and a sweet as pie blonde haired blue eyed honey.....so sad,a story that can never be told and will never happen again.....:cry::cry:

I hear is not what was said. With no high frequency sounds, I miss most bird calls, cell phones, which is good, or any other tone type electronic devices. It sure mess's words up. To many years around heavy equipment, impact wrenches and engines tweak to run hard and fast.

Good song for sure. I liked the group Poco back then also...

Geo

ME!! I like Credence and I like word humour too. Way back, when I was in about grade five or six, we had been doing Latin roots in class, in order to understand the origins of our language, I suppose. Our headteacher came into our class room and asked us "who are the recipients of a benevolent institution.'' I shot my hand up and when asked, I answered, ''Prostitute!'' Somehow I had mixed up 'destitute' with the former. Well the whole class erupted into sniggers, while both my teacher and the headteacher tried to hide knowing smirks, while informing the class that the answer was, 'pauper.' In those days nobody even said such a word aloud, let alone in a room full of children. Boy, was I teased for a long time after that. Previous to that, one day in the street, my mother and grandmother looked at a young woman and my mother said in a sneering voice , "She looks like a prostitute,'' I looked at the woman and thought that she didn't look very poor at all. It's funny how if you don't understand/hear what is said, you can get a quite different picture of something. It must be very hard for people to learn English as a second language, when even we who speak it, don't have the same meanings for words.

This is one of my favourite discs at the moment, foot stomping, toe tapping and hand clapping required.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C12EhfrgNzg&feature=related

If you mean 'the boss' Bruce Springsteen above, I agree with you on that one album Rob. The older I get the more I like the older styles of music.
Sheila.

Does this mean I'm over the hill or almost under it ? :blink: I love Springsteen too though.....he's a great performer.:)

your a wannabe medic, or.......maybe you just don't like other folks breathing into your mouth and playing with your chest?:razz::rofl:

I played the whole disc on my MP3 player one night when we were out in the bush at Flat Creek, Nth Queensland, and the other prospectors kept their distance because they thought I was trying to hold a revival meeting, heheh.

Talking about the words to a song fellas, watch this and see if it doesn't make you chuckle. Kellie and I were laughing fit to burst this afternoon.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjFMBsppBVc
Sheila.

Here tis again, I hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjFMBsppBVc

Sheila.