Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who is the tech that puts sunray fz-20 coils on cz-20 machines?

pb-to-au

Don't tell me ask sunray, I did and they are of no help. Some of the Treasure Coast guys are having their cz-20 machines hardwired with the Sunray fz-20 coil and tuned by a local tech down there. Can anybody put me in contact with this person or provide any info? I am headed down there in late winter to Vero and vicinity and would like to ship my cz-20 out to have this done so it is ready for the trip. My Excaliber is going in for warrenty work this week so that should be ready, but I would like to have the mod done on the cz-20 in time. HELP! Someone has to know the contact info for the tech doing this.

We certainly can't ask a Sunray tech to put a Sunray coil on a Fisher unit or a Fisher tech to put a Sunray coil on a Fisher unit. Come on guys someone out there must have the info and would be nice to share.
I would assume you are talking about the Sunray 12 incher made for Fisher and its a great coil with added coverage and depth and weighs no more than the stock Fisher 10 inch...I wish I had one when I hunted those saltwater beaches just for the coverage alone...

If the CZ-20 already has a 10.5" coil then the Sunray would only be 1.5" larger in diameter - hardly worth it.

Maybe the SR 12" coil has other advantages that I don't see?

Going to see an increase in depth, coverage, and the pinpointing is right on also the 12 incher is a different design and is more comfortable swinging..Biggest problem is the price new or used...
I think one just has to use both to really see the differences...

Theory is, story is, that this coil is a bit hotter than the stock coil but the advantages are not that great unless the coil is specifically tuned to the individual machine. Some of the Treasure coast guys are using this set-up but they won't cough up who is doing the work. Can't blame them I guess. I know Hudson River Metal Detectors was doing some work on the cz-20 hotrodding it, before Sunray came up with this coil, so maybe I will contact them and see what they are up to. Last time I knew they were building their own underwater machines loosely based on the cz-20. Who knows? I just would like to get the work done before I go down there this spring. When you are talking water hunting or down at the treasure coast any little bit of added depth or even just better disc or stability is worth it since you are talking about potentially multi hundred dollar targets. I did extensive tests on my Excaliber with the Wot coils and found that the increase in depth was not dramatic, but I will take anything I can get, and the coil has more than paid for itself this fall (and then some) just with the 50% increase in ground coverage and the slight increase in depth on Gold targets, the only targets that matter to water hunters! Now, if you have a cz7a or a cz5, you have the same coil as I do on the cz-20. The Sunray coil must offer some advantage over the stock Fisher coil on your cz-5 or Sunray would not bother to sell them. Whatever that advantage is I want it for my Cz-20! My Wot coil gives me 3 to 5 inches better depth on large gold rings so if the Sunray gave me a similar result I would be VERY HAPPY. Especially if that 8 Escudo gold cob is just a couple of inches deeper than I am currently getting with the Cz-20!